Sublime Forum

Missing "Find" search menu bar

Somehow I managed to turn off this window:

HOW do I get this back? I obviously closed something, and I’ve tried opening all of the panels and bars I could find in the settings with no joy. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I DO have Sublime Text 3

0 Likes

Does selecting Find > Find... from the menu not open the panel?

If you installed a new theme, the size of the panel might be too small for you to see. If that’s the case, after selecting the menu option to open the panel you might have to use your mouse to resize it and make it taller.

0 Likes

Nope, certainly not the full menu bar, what it opens looks like this. If I click on that little tiny window icon in the lower left I get a choice to “open panel”, but this is what it opens. It also lists a couple shortcuts to find in files or to open the console - but nothing looks like the original lost bar.

Also there isn’t any way to resize the panel. You can see it’s wide enough, it’s all of the other components of the find bar that’s missing. Strange…I’ve also attempted to both return to the original installed state, and have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

0 Likes

I’m surprised that didn’t fix it - I was thinking maybe a naughty plugin redirects the show_panel { "panel": "find" } command to show it’s own input panel, but following the instructions at https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html should have fixed it

0 Likes

I couldn’t find the folder referenced in that link (Windows 7), so I uninstalled, restarted my computer, and reinstalled. Obviously there is still an issue so I will try once again to find that folder…

0 Likes

either type %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3 directly into an Explorer address bar, or from within ST: Tools -> Browse Packages, and go up 2 levels to the Roaming folder.

0 Likes

This did it! I wasn’t sure if I should rename the entire directory and so I did. Now I have to re-register it and do a couple of other things, but that’s ok. The bar still wasn’t there, but when I went to the drop-down menu it opened just fine. Thanks!

0 Likes