Sublime Forum

Markdown editing without horizontal scroll bar

I use the plugin Markdown Editing. But when I share my screen into 2 parts, to see the Live Preview, the text in the edit box appears horizontal scroll bar, it is very uncomfortable.

How to solve this problem? Or are there other plugins, where I can edit my text without horizontal scroll bar?

Thanks.

0 Likes

As far as I know, the only way to not have a horizontal scroll bar (other than making sure all of your text has short lines) would be to turn on the word wrap feature with a wrap width of 0 to make it wrap at the edge of the window.

This changes what you see in the window though which may or may not be desirable. If that’s not a problem, you can do something like:

1. Open a markdown file
  2. Select Preferences > Settings - More > Syntax Specific - User
  3. Enter something like the below in the file
{
    "word_wrap": "true",
    "wrap_width": "0"
}

That will apply word wrapping always at the edge of the window specifically for markdown files while leaving everything else alone.

2 Likes

Or use this key binding:

{ "keys": ["ctrl+shift+w"], "command": "toggle_setting", "args": {"setting": "word_wrap"} },
1 Like

It’s work! Thank you very much!

0 Likes

I have tried to do so, but the horizontal scroll bar not delete, the only change its size.

1ScrollBar
2ScrollBar

Thanks.

0 Likes

Yes, since you are using the MarkdownEditing package, it sets your wrap_width setting to 80, which is what ST’s soft wrapping will use. You’ll additionally have to change that setting, for example using the method @OdatNurd proposed with the syntax-specific settings overrides.

1 Like