Sublime Forum

Linux Auto-update

Hi !

I put my post here instead of idea because this feature already exist on mac and windows.

Considering the lot of update, it would be realy nice to have an auto update system on linux too… I have to re-download sublime text about every 2 days ! And its far quicker on my windows and mac …

Thanks

0 Likes

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17764&start=10#p66791

0 Likes

See the above link. For Linux users a PPA is preferable to some kind of internal auto-update mechanism as updates are handled through the OS’s underlying package update system. An added bonus is that this method would be much easier for Jon to implement; just create a PPA and push updates there.

Internal auto-update seems out of place in the Linux ecosystem; Chromium/Chrome, Firefox etc. all update themselves through repositories and the OS package update system.

0 Likes

Thanks for the answers guys, a ppa would be great yeah !

0 Likes

Seems that Linux Mint already has Sublime in its default “extra” repository. I presume this has Jon’s blessing and, assuming it does, is another thing to like about Mint!

My laptop upgraded itself this morning :smile:

0 Likes

FYI If you are using Fedora I just noticed FEDY (satya164.github.io/fedy/) has Sublime 2/3 available for easy download.

I’m assuming it’s pulling it from a repository somewhere.

0 Likes