Sublime Forum

Ligature Buggos

Super stoked to see the ligature support! I started a new thread here for folks to share bugs associated with this particular feature.

On my current build of 3147 I am noticing that the ligature support does not seem to work when the ligature is surrounded by other characters. Screenshot is attached.

Note that in the first function, date->str, the ligature does not render.

In the second function you can see when it is used as a thread macro, (-> ...) it renders great.

1 Like

Dev Build 3145

probably when selecting some characters that are part of a ligature, but not all of them, the characters should not be drawn as a ligature, and instead rendered separately:

This example was from text a<=b on Windows 7 with Fira Code 1.204, and selecting the <

1 Like

I believe this has to do with your syntax definition. Since the - and > have different colors, they can’t be rendered as a single char. If the syntax definition was enhanced to scope -> as the same thing, resulting in the same color, I believe it will be rendered properly.

4 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. I will experiment with that and report back!

0 Likes

Here is another selection weirdness:

0 Likes

There seems to be a little rendering bug with the <!-- ligature. This is it rendered in build 3147 on macOS High Sierra:

The opening bracket/arrow left seems to be missing.

0 Likes

I have a problem with Iosevka 1.13.3 and Sublime Text 3 Dev 3147, the << and >> ligatures doesn’t seem to render. iTerm2 3.1.3 renders them just fine.

0 Likes

My issue seems to be a general problem with 4-character ligatures, e.g.

0 Likes

My issue is fixed in the last develop build (3148)

0 Likes

i like this feature overall, but some fonts were given LIGA features when they should have been DLIGs. I’m not sure what the best way to deal with this problem (other than hacking the fonts to disable inappropriate ligatures), but you can see what Space Mono does here out of the box

would it be possible to just specify in settings if we want to disable the ligatures or an array of specific opentype features like CALT/LIGA/DLIG to enable, but leave them all on as a default (as they seem to be pretty popular overall).

this seems to have been an issue for some time in space mono given, https://github.com/googlefonts/spacemono/pull/2/, but just wanted to point it out as there are still a handful of monos out there that were designed for print usage first and display usage second and may have overeager opentype support assuming only indesign would be able to do anything with the features.

looks smokin with fira code, though, mad props

0 Likes