Sublime Forum

LatexTools Panel Color

I’m sorry but I’m new and while this is likely silly, I installed LaTeX tools and after a particularly bad compile the build panel changed colors. Is there a way to set it back to original settings? Where should I look to see what changed – I’m running 64-bit Mint on Sublime 2 version 3103.

0 Likes

This is one of the recently added features. There does appear to be an option to toggle this off, so you should request one on the issues page, if you care about it: https://github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools/issues

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer, though I don’t think it addresses my question as maybe I was being unclear. Highlighting errors is fine and has always been part of the behavior of the package. What happened is that the color of the panel changed on a particular LaTeX document compilation. This was not an update/compile of the plugin. The behavior remains good but the color scheme is slightly off putting. I hate to complain about something so trivial.

0 Likes

Please provide a screenshot for better comprehension.

0 Likes

@FichteFoll Again, thanks for the quick reply. Now I’m less sure its a bug and more a feature as you suggested. The part I’m referencing is the bottom panel with the latex compilation output. Before this was more a tan/beige. The reason I changed my mind is that I tried to take the same shot on a different device and lo to find that the color has changed there too. I didn’t initiate any update, so I guess LaTeXTools auto updates its package. I’m not sure why the panel color changed however or how to change it back. Any suggestions are helpful.

0 Likes

The LaTeXTools package has recently added a highlighting of errors and warnings in the build panel. However to apply this highlighting the build panel needs a color scheme. Therefore it applies your default color scheme to the output panel and this is your change.
It would not be a big change to make this highlighting opt-out.

0 Likes

@r-stein By not a big change, you mean, the devs can update this to a feature that can be opt-out? Or that there is a setting that I can find now to opt out.

I had a laptop which hasn’t been connected to the internet in a while, and I grabbed a screen shot. Is this indeed a result of the highlighting change you mentioned?

I’m still unclear where to start looking to reset the color scheme as desired.

0 Likes

By “not a big change” I mean it would just require to make the execution of a small portion of the source code optional makePDF:438-442.
Except from removing that part or grabbing an older version you currently can not do anything about this.
However I think we will make this opt-out in a future release.

0 Likes

@r-stein Ah gotcha, thanks a bunch!

0 Likes

@hbetx9 This pull quest implements it as opt-out an will most likely merged until the next release. It adds the setting highlight_build_panel to disable the colorscheme change (if set to false).
You can subscribe it to get informations about further changes and when it is merged.

0 Likes

@hbetx9: The fix has been released as part of 3.9.2. You’ll have to change the highlight_build_panel to false as @r-stein mentioned.

0 Likes

When suggesting to a new user where to augment a setting, such as this, it is very helpful to say where – what specific settings file or path to would be helpful.

0 Likes

You can open the settings via Preferences > Package Settings > LaTeXTools > Settings - User. Then search for the entry highlight_build_panel or add highlight_build_panel: false, somewhere. Be aware that the settings musst be valid JSON.

0 Likes