Sublime Forum

Latest SublimeText does not remember position in macOS spaces after quitting

#1

CONTEXT:
I’ve been using SublimeText for years and love it because it fits perfectly with my workflow. I recently upgraded to macOS Sequoia.

BUG REPORT:
If I quit SublimeText, and then re-open, all my previous ST windows and projects are re-opened in only the current macOS space.

EXPECTED:
Previously, in macOS Sonoma, if I quit SublimeText, and then re-open, all my previous ST windows and projects would remember the macOS space that they were on, and would re-open in the space that they were last positioned.

I have tried:

  • Updating to SublimeText 4180
  • "remember_layout": true
  • "remember_workspace": true
  • "hot_exit": "always" and "hot_exit": "disabled"
    … to no avail.

This is a problem for me because I organize various ST windows into spaces so I can quickly switch between them. However, now, if I restart my mac, I have about 20 ST windows open into macOS workspace #1, instead of re-opening in their original workspace.

2 Likes

#2

same exact situation for me. I have many sublime text windows open, and this is a real burden on restarts.

0 Likes

#3

See also:

0 Likes

macOS Window Restoration to Correct "Spaces" on Restart
#4

Looking at the dev builds:

There is:

  • Build 4205 (23 Apr 2026)

And some of the line items in the changes are:

  • Mac: The minimum required version is now macOS 10.13

  • Mac: Fixed issues restoring minimized windows

That doesn’t sound like a direct fix at face value; but I wonder if it might improve things at all?

I haven’t tried it (as it requires having an active licence to use dev builds), but here’s the download link for it if anyone has one and was willing to check/test:

0 Likes

#5

Update from the GitHub issue:

BenjaminSchaaf

1d ago

Fixed in build 4212 using the same workaround chrome is using. Note that it’s still broken for macOS 14, and likely some older versions, but macOS 15 and up should be fixed.

Dev build changelog for continuity:

Build 4212
16 Sep 2026

  • API: Fixed initialization when multi-inheriting classes
  • Mac: Fixed window styling for macOS 27
  • Mac: Fixed windows not restoring to workspaces <-----
  • Linux: Fixed tab dragging under Wayland
0 Likes

macOS Window Restoration to Correct "Spaces" on Restart