Sublime Forum

Keeping Sublime Text in Dropbox

Hello,

I’m just starting with Sublime Text 3 and so far it’s awesome. In an effort to make my development even more flexible, I downloaded the latest portable version and put it in Dropbox. This way my plug-ins and preferences get synced across all of my computers.

It’s working for the most part, but I noticed today that Dropbox can’t sync due to “Access is Denied” error on \Sublime Text Build 3114 x64\Data\Index\000029.ldb file.

What is this file and why is it causing problems?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Probably because the file is made with permissions for a user on another system, but that is just my first guess.

If you want to sync through Dropbox have a look here: https://packagecontrol.io/docs/syncing

1 Like

I’ll take a look and maybe switch to that method. It seems that this is for OS installed versions, not the portable. That said, I would likely need to keep all of the machines installations up the date, and also rely on them being installed and configured. I can’t just pop on a system, sync Dropbox, then launch Sublime Portable.

I’m only on Windows so cross platform isn’t a concern right now.

0 Likes

Just exclude Data\Cache, Data\Index and Data\Local from your Dropbox via Selective Sync

0 Likes

I am using this method:

0 Likes