Sublime Forum

Join the Sublime chat room

Hello to everyone,

I have created a room for all of you (the Sublime chat community) to share / talk / discuss.

If are considering joining. I welcome you, please click here to join the room.

It’s free to join, use your personal or work email address.

It’s just like slack, but here unlimited number of people can join Sublime chat community.

If you want you can even invite more people to the Jekyll chat community.

I not saying to stop using this (forum.sublimetext.com/). I think it will be better if we (the Sublime community) can chat directly to each other.

If the authorized member can PIN THIS POST, it would be really grateful. It will help reaching this post to everyone.

0 Likes

To stay or to leave of this community
Community Communication Real Time

so why not official chat room?

1 Like

If I am not wrong, Discord is for gamers.

You can join the Sublime Chat.

0 Likes

It could be for gamers, but not only for gamers. You can join the official Sublime Chat.

2 Likes

Quick note that the discord is not entirely official since the developers don’t have any permissions. It’s managed by the community but they recommend it.

I wouldn’t feel good about something being advertised as official when I don’t have control over it.

4 Likes

I appreciate your enthusiasm @yashumittal but the Discord server is really where it’s at. There’s loads of people there now. Newcomers, plugin veterans, syntax wizards and theme designers; everyone is welcome there.

1 Like

Here in the Sublime Chat. I have created different rooms for people according to their needs.

0 Likes

Out of curious… What’s wrong with ##sublimetext at freenode? ~97 persons atm and it doesn’t force users register by mail onto yet another new web fancy chat room, i mean… it’s not a very active channel, but come on! ~97 people is quite a lot of ST fans in the same place. Plus, IRC protocol gives a lot of flexibility to users choosing their favourite client.

0 Likes

Irc has a higher barrier of entry, especially with regard to offline messages. I’ve been in the channel for years and it’s never been as active as the discord chat. It’s mostly a one-shot support place with people asking stuff and me answering. Yes, mostly me. Occasionally someone else tunes in to provide insight on issues, but it still feels like most of the channel is driven by me.

In the discord chat there are more people to reply to issues, discussions are being held over improvements of the default packages, package development in general or just some random smalltalk.

Also, I don’t think I enabled email verification as a requirement for joining.

0 Likes

The chat invite link is: https://discord.gg/D43Pecu
your link only work if you’re already in the chat

2 Likes

Yeah, the Discord has all of that. Seriously, don’t go setting up new chat rooms without checking if perhaps one already exists.

2 Likes

hello guys,
i have a big issue arrise in sublime text 3 editor.
suddenly in my company i’m working on project and electricity is gone.
after restart my computer when i open my working file so my whole code automatic converted into 0000 0000.
so how can i restore in orignal format.
Please help me.

0 Likes