Sublime Forum

JavaScript Enhancements - Sublime Text 3 into a JavaScript IDE like

0.16.0 version finally released!

0 Likes

Very good plugin, I have installed version 0.15.0 on windows 10 64-bit and no problem at all. Unfortunately after the update to 0.16.0 the preview via cmd.exe no longer works.

0 Likes

Do you mean the preview of the refactor feature?

0 Likes

The preview in cmd.exe, normally I launch the command ā€œEvaluate javascriptā€ from the context menu (mouse dx) .

0 Likes

Ok I found the problem! Iā€™m going to update it now! :smile:

0 Likes

Done! I released the new version 0.16.1. Now it should work!

1 Like

Well done, I wait package control release and then update.

0 Likes

@pichillilorenzo ā€œAdded ā€œcode screenshotā€ feature using carbonā€ you are the man!!! :clap:

1 Like

Thanks! The only limit of this feature is that the number of characters is about 3400 possible characters on the URL string!

1 Like

@pichillilorenzo Yes, problem fixed, thanks for your good work.

1 Like

About the advanced panels, I was thinking to use the Go language with the Qt binding for it. It is cross platform and very well done!! Also in this way I will learn Go :smile: (something that I want to do :slight_smile:) a little bit.
To exchange data between Sublime Text and the advanced panels, I think I will use stdio transport defining for each request/response a Content-Length in order to get the message correctly and asynchronously.

This is similar to the test that I have done with the Tkinter Python GUI module, but in this way the user doesnā€™t need to install python 3 on its own because Go code will be compiled for each OS! Also this framework is much more powerful compared to the Tkinter module :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been making a ton of progress so Iā€™m hoping to be on Package Control by the end of this week or next with many of the features I want in - if anyone wants to test it early let me knowā€¦

Iā€™ll create a new BitBucket repo named AcecoolCodeMappingSystem specifically for itā€¦

1 Like

javascript enhancement taking too long to install from package control...please why?

</>

0 Likes

Do you see any errors in Sublime Text console?? However where does the installation stop or take too long? when is it installing the package.json dependencies?

0 Likes

no ..didn't see any errors...just kept installing "62 files copies..installing npm dependencies"

0 Likes

try to run npm install inside the plugin folderā€¦ does it work?

0 Likes

will definitely try that

0 Likes

Hey guys, in this article you can find an introduction to the plugin: https://css-tricks.com/turn-sublime-text-3-into-a-javascript-ide/

1 Like

Hey guys, is there someone that knows python and wants to help me develop this project in his spare time?? There are a lot of features that could be added, so I want to create a sort of a team because, for now, Iā€™m alone and it takes time to develop and add something new, especially during this period because, in my case, Iā€™m really busy due to university exams.

See CONTRIBUTING.md.

Thanks to anyone in any case!

1 Like

@pichillilorenzo I donā€™t no any about python, only Javascript, but I hope you find someone to help you.

0 Likes