Sublime Forum

Is there a way to get a real time check of syntax for tags with color change?

Hi,
sorry if the question is trivial.
If I put it does not show a color different if the text is wrong as e.g. gsfgs shows the same as if the tag is right.

Where I can make a way to have the color change when the hea become head (as an example)?

Thanks
Fabio

0 Likes

I assume you are talking about HTML, so an HTML linter would be your best bet:

https://packagecontrol.io/search/Linter%20html

0 Likes

yes, it was about html.
I will make some practice with st and the add on, I am new,

But I see the the linters are for some editor. I am not sure I understand, but I would have that just within the ST screen.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Fabio

0 Likes

So, is there some suggestion on going on with this?
I installed SublimeLinter, that if I understand a base for use of actual linter extensions. But now, what could I do to get a solution working >inside< the ST standard screen pads. I see some liner but they refer to editors, but I am missing something.

ST is very good and I will also get a license to support but I would before get the behavior I could simply see also in Vim, the “h” shows a color (e.g white) and “h1 (h+1)” or any valid tag and markup elements, would show a real time color change to show it is valid.

Many Thanks in Advance
Fabio

Could some help?

Thanks

0 Likes

For example at the package htmlhint there are installation instructions. If it is installed correctly it should show red and yellow rectangles (inside Sublime Text) to mark invalid and missing tags.

0 Likes

Hi,
thanks, I installed htmllnt but cannot get that behavior. I looked at the docs on github before replying here, but I was not able to see the way to get that, I am missing something.

Thanks
Fabio

0 Likes

Have you

0 Likes

Hi,
I have all tat installed now but still not see that. I am using the portable before making a setup, so the path should not be a problem.

Thanks for you kind help.
Fabio

0 Likes

Can you check the ST console for error messages? http://sublimelinter.readthedocs.io/en/latest/troubleshooting.html

0 Likes