Sublime Forum

Integration with ST

@akulbe: Just have a look at the number of features requested for SM itself, after it got out a few weeks ago. They can just be added one after another. There have been a couple of - I think - more important features to think about, like submodule support, worktrees, gitflow, … and improving general usability of SM itself, which are needed by a wide range of users to be able to replace their old git gui with SM without loosing any crucial feature.

I even saw complains about SM being able to read the syntax definitions installed in ST.

I am looking forward for a more seamless integration of both as well, but agree with @srbs it is not the most important thing.

0 Likes

You can link/export path for the smerge tool and add a keymap:

1 Like

I finally went with a Keyboard Maestro solution as using smerge and a keymap opens stuff in its own window (contrary to the tools help text).

Maybe other KM users out there will find it helpful to pick bits out of the macro.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Great solution. With quiet run and show_panel_on_build set to false it does the job perfectly!

0 Likes

Opening the fro in ST from Merge is built in already :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Really, I can’t find it. Where is it, if you please?

0 Likes

I have this entry

0 Likes

I don’t know, man. I am on build 2025 of SM, and the command palette does not have this command.
What’s your version?

0 Likes

Same as yours, maybe I edited some file. I will double check

0 Likes

Sounds like something is out of date for your SM, I just verified it is a default package.

If you copy Default.sublime-package from your installation dir and extract it. Inside of Action.sublime-menu you should have

{
		"caption": "Open Repository in Sublime Text…",
		"command": "open_dir_in_sublime_text",
		"args": { "dir": "$working_dir" }
	},

if not, maybe a fresh install will fix this.

0 Likes

I reinstalled: nothing.

0 Likes

What platform are you on?

0 Likes

Win 10. Second reinstall, still nothing.

0 Likes

Let me verify on my Win 10 machine, I am heavy MacOS user

0 Likes

Thanks! Thanks! (Haha: post must be > 10 chars…)

0 Likes

I have it on windows too! Do me a favor close Sublime Merge hold Shift + Alt and Click Sublime Merge to start it in safe mode. Then open a Repo and see if your and do a Ctrl + Shift + P and open in sublime

0 Likes

No, started in safe mode. No open in ST.

0 Likes

Sounds like this might be a bug

@djohnston @PetrKrysl looks like something fishy is going on

2 Likes

SM: should it have "Open Repo with Sublime Text"?

I can confirm we have a bug on Windows for open_dir_in_sublime_text - I’ll keep you updated as we investigate this.

Thanks,
- Dylan

2 Likes

Hi all,

Just a quick update - this has been fixed in Sublime Merge development build 2026, and will be available in the stable channel soon. Thanks for reporting this.

Kind regards,
- Dylan

2 Likes