Sublime Forum

Installing color theme

I was trying to follow a tutorial to install a color theme, but (following instructions) when i go to Preferences=> Settings {
THERE IS NO Settings =>“Default” and Settings => User. I can only see Preferences => Settings, on next line Settings - Syntax Specific and then Settings - Distractions Free

Is there a new setting that i am missing? or a bad installation of Sublime text 3?

I am missing something here? Is there a tutorial i can follow or is there a new UI and the tutorial i am following is just too old?

Any help will be appreciated

JA

0 Likes

Older versions of Sublime Text presented settings to you with multiple entries in the menu as you mentioned above, where Preferences > Settings - Default would open the default settings and Preferences > Settings - User would open your user specific settings.

More recent builds of Sublime incorporate the two menu items into the single item Preferences > Settings, which opens a new split screen window that has the default preferences on the left and your user preferences on the right.

So basically your tutorial was written before the new build came out, but wherever you’re told to pick one of those two menu items you can just select the new one and everything else should work the same.

0 Likes

Well, Thank you very much!! i guess, i was too tired to look harder. It was so obvious.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you again!!

JA Armira

0 Likes