Sublime Forum

Huge load on system; Mojave; build 3180

After getting the last batch of updates, every time I open sublime in about 10 minutes the fans on my MacBook Pro 13" Retina 2015 laptop starts spinning as much as possible and the whole machine starts to lag.

When I check the activity monitor, it shows over 60% usage on Sublime Text of the CPU. It does not get better as long as Sublime is running. Even if I am not using it and it sits idly. Last time I checked, it had three projects opened (WordPress themes) when this was happening.

It happens every time I have Sublime opened though, it’s not a one time random thing. Note - after I kill it, the load reduces, the laptop gets more responsive and no fans can be heard. By lad I mean literally typing becomes slow.

I want to post some logs if there are such that can help, but I have no idea where to get them from, so if you know just let me know.

I don’t remember having this issue before the updates this week.

0 Likes

this is happening to me on a macbook pro 2015 retina - i had to go back to 3176 and all was good so i’m waiting for them to fix this issue before i upgrade again

0 Likes

I have the same issue, but reverting to 3176 didn’t help. This happens only when I have a project open, however. Just editing otherwise is fine.

0 Likes

It looks like Apple has borked OpenGL again. I captured a sample of the process on macOS Mojave 10.14.2 Beta (18C31g), using Build 3180, and it looks like it’s stuck continually redrawing the window in -[PXOpenGLViewHelper drawRect:] .

0 Likes

I’m still seeing this in the latest Build, 3192; has anyone managed to figure out what exactly is triggering this? It seems like it only affects Retina MacBook Pros from 2015?

0 Likes