Sublime Forum

Html + TAB does nothing

On the bottom right of your Sublime screen you can click on it to choose the application. When my Html + Tab quit working, it was because it had somehow changed to Text mode. I flipped it back to HTML and it is now working fine.

1 Like

Someone here says type ! then press (tab) and that really works for everyone problem solve thanks dude who says that

2 Likes

Hello. It works just fine on Sublime Text 3. Change the extension to html (on the right-most corner below). Then type in <html and press tab.

1 Like

just type ! sign and hit enter

2 Likes

yo I see the same thing cuz I keep typing <HTML [tab]

<html [tab] does the trick... lame but true ha
1 Like

Hi. I had the same problem before and I realized one thing. HTML+TAB It doesn’t work if you haven’t saved your file yet in my case as .html. Of course you’re creating a new html document, it make sense that you haven’t saved it yet until you’ve type few codes. But sublime text may not recognized what type of file you’re creating yet and so it’s not sure if html+tab is applicable. But as soon as you saved it to .html, then html+tab will work. No need to do changes in settings.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Well: it is so easy.
Write: " !DOCTYPE html " & bang the ENTER button.

1 Like

• Make a “New Folder”.
  • Make 2 subfolders in it: “img” and “css”
  • Open sublime text editor and in it:
  • Save “New Folder” as “index.html”
  • Save “css” sub as “style.css”
    Now, on index.html, write “html” and press “Tab” : KaBoom :smile:
1 Like

@Jackeroo, thanks for providing the answer I have been seeking. Your response answered my need perfectly. I typed “html5 + tab” and bam, there it was, a simple HMTL document to begin my work. I found the tip that @jfcherng provided which is HTML Boilerplate to have too much content as I was simply looking a basic HMTL doc with a shortcut.

Thank You!

0 Likes

@michaelgjohnson222, it truly helped me. Thanks!

0 Likes

I had the same issue. I saved the file as a .html and the html + tab works now.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot, this really helped.

0 Likes

First you have to save your file with extension .html then try html +Tab. Hoping it will work.

0 Likes

I had the same problem, and this helps. Thanks alot.

1 Like

Thank you, ST001. I followed your method and it really solved the problem.

0 Likes

Thank you it worked perfectly hours looking for a basic html5 starter shortcut script I LOVE YOU

0 Likes

This should be at the top of the list. I tried random crap for an hour and your comment was the answer. Thanks!!!

0 Likes

@manmeetsdog thank you so much! These few words addressed my issue… :smile:

0 Likes

I am looking for the same. did you happen to find the solution?

0 Likes

0 Likes