Sublime Forum

Html + TAB does nothing

Make sure file type is set to HTML on the bottom-right box below the window.

2 Likes

Just leaving a comment because i was having trouble with this same thing but then figured it out a minute later… Make sure you have your file saved as a .html for html + tab to work.

I start off my html files like this:

cmnd + N to open a new file
cmnd + S to save/name “blahblah.html”
(shift + cmnd + s to rename)
html then tab and youre ready to roll

Hope this helps someone!

2 Likes

I’m a newbie and had the same trouble, in terminal subl index.html or just save a .html file in Sublime 3, then type ! TAB (no spaces)

I suppose ! is short for !doctype and so autocompletes the rest…Like I said I’m a newbie so still breaking stuff

0 Likes

Oh yeah I have Emmet installed through the Package Manager so maybe that’s doing it…

0 Likes

Make sure you save before typing anything, then the html + TAB will work. You don’t need this other stuff.

1 Like

haha!
I met the same problem just like you~
hope following answer can help you.
I use sublime-text3.

first,
you should check sublime text > Edit > show completion ( check it > ctrl + space or tab )
In my case, that was set as “Ctrl + space”.
So, I set “HTML” in right corner, wrote html and pressed “crt+space”, then it worked.

If it worked and you want to change the key as Tab.
You can go to “preference” > keybindings > put this code> { “keys”: [“tab”], “command”: “auto_complete” } in user setting > done!

hope it can help you~~
Hope you can understand my poor English OTL…

html 입력하고 tab 키를 눌렀음에도 불구하고, 반응이 없으면,
edit설정의 show completion을 확인 하세요.
그리고 ctrl+space로 설정되어 있다면,
preference > key binding 에서 아래 코드를 입력하세요.
{ “keys”: [“tab”], “command”: “auto_complete” }
물론 user 라는 파일 창에 입력해야 합니다.

输入html之后,按tab之后,如果不自动完成显示的话,
进入edit选项,查看 show completion 是否设置为tab,
我的情况是设定为 ctrl+space。
若果想更换为tab键,你可以进入preference选项,选 key binding。
在user窗口输入以下编码即可。
{ “keys”: [“tab”], “command”: “auto_complete” }
祝你好运咯~

2 Likes

Html + TAB does work, it must be Sublime 3 because in my Instructors video he said Ctlr + Space and in his course the set up is for Sublime 2. This thread helped me out, thanks!

0 Likes

Make sure you are in a html type file. When you open a new file in sublime it may default to open a Plain Text file.
You will see this listed in the lower right hand corner of the window. Click on it and select HTML. Then you can use the “html” and click TAB to get the base document info inserted.

I had the same problem.

2 Likes

When Emmet installed Sublimetext starting to use Emmet abbreviation for html base structure so you have to type this:
html:5 + tab

3 Likes

works for me! Thanks!

0 Likes

It’s simple. When you first save a newly opened file, make sure you are saving it as a “.html” file at the end.

0 Likes

Try saving an html file first the type “html” then click tab. It worked for me. E.g. Save file as test.html then type html then click tab. Worked for me. Cheers

0 Likes

This really works.Thank you~

0 Likes

with ST3, make sure the file type is HTML - bottom right corner of the ST window

1 Like

Changed it to HTML and now it works just fine. Thanks @jfcherng

0 Likes

Primeiro você salva o documento com .html
proximo passo e abrir o documento salvo e digitar html + tab.
OBS: Snippets são blocos de códigos prontos que irá realizar alguma funcionalidade. Um tipo de atalho (auto completar do Sublime text 3)

Acesse o site que contem a lista completa de atalhos do Emmet.

0 Likes

YO! Make sure you save your document as something.html. It’ll allow you to use the shortcut then

0 Likes

Hi! It’s because you have created a new html file without saving it. Try to save it and them use the shortcut html + tab. Hope it helps!

1 Like

On the bottom right of your Sublime screen you can click on it to choose the application. When my Html + Tab quit working, it was because it had somehow changed to Text mode. I flipped it back to HTML and it is now working fine.

1 Like

Someone here says type ! then press (tab) and that really works for everyone problem solve thanks dude who says that

2 Likes