Sublime Forum

How to Show input panel with multiple input similar to find | Where to find default command definition

1. How can i show input panel with two fields for user input ? similar to find and where to find. I’ve looked at some threads showing input panel sequentially one after another. i want the input fields to present at the same time. (I also have a default value for other input panel)

2. Is it possible to find the file where the default commands are defined. eg: “show_panel”, “args”: {“panel”: “find_in_files”} is the command, it 'll help in understanding their implementation and know more about it.

0 Likes

As far as I know, it is not possible to create anything outside of:

• Quick Panels
  • Input Panels ( Single-Input )
  • Output Panels
  • PopUps

C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime.py

##@ Lines 339-387

2 Likes

Hi fico, Thanks.

The need for me is to capture user input, so i guess only input panels suits me, but i wonder how sublime shows find, where to find and able to get multiple input.

I could figure out sublime, sublime_api file locations with sublime.__file__, but it contains the methods and logic of view, window etc.
but what i am looking for is default commands, i.e definitions of commands (which will be in a .py file i guesss) like goto, find, fold, search etc.

0 Likes

The Find, Find in Files, etc panels are all implemented in C++ using Sublime Text’s custom cross-platform UI toolkit.

It is not currently possible for plugins to accept input using anything but the input panel.

1 Like

An incomplete list of commands can be found here: http://docs.sublimetext.info/en/latest/reference/commands.html

0 Likes