Sublime Forum

How to roll back to 3083 on OSX

I’m sure many of you will regret switching to 3103 immediately and start looking for ways to go back to 3083, well, luckily, it turns out to be pretty simple

I got the idea from the .exe method, but this is simpler

https://download.sublimetext.com/Sublime%20Text%20Build%203083.dmg
(It’s the latest link, 3103 changed to 3083, the file is available)

Just re-move the .app to Applications, while ST3 is closed, everything just works as expected

0 Likes

ST3 Build 3103 - Too many issues - Rollback
не удалось обновить список шрифтов

I’m just curious why? No details were given which would be nice :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

If you are having issues:

0 Likes

Yeah, sorry for the lack of information

For me it’s the change in colorscheme balance, as reported widely in the forums, I’ve been using the Afterglow theme for years, can’t really handle any change at the moment, with 3103 “the variable color changed” (I’m actually not sure what exactly changed, but something changed)

More info: JavaScript syntax highlighting changes in 3103

0 Likes

@kaan just update the theme or ask the author to update it. the new syntax support is way better than the old one.

0 Likes

Good idea, but in the meantime, staying at 3083 is the solution, imo

0 Likes

Hi all,

I’m dealing with some issues with build 3103.
Can some one tell me were to find the previous stable version?

Thank you.

0 Likes

I’ve moved your post here since it was a duplicate.

0 Likes

It’s the same for me. I think that the Sublime Text crew should offer the possibility of rolling back to a previous version until the bugs that have been reported by now have been fixed. It’s not chiq to let people work with a bugged version without offering at least a temporary solution for those that cannot do their work with joy while the program is bugged.

I haven’t seen any links to downloads of previous Sublime versions. Could be me, but if anyone has, then my comment isn’t fair, obviously :).

0 Likes

I came to the conclusion that it’s a bit unfair to call the improvements bugs, but it’s rather “backwards incompatibility” - or maybe “lack of a channel to warn plugin developers of breaking changes”

In my case, “Afterglow” isn’t maintained anymore it seems (reported the issue at github), so I’m stuck at 3083 for some time - I will also try 3103+new_theme/colorscheme approach some time

On the bright side, both on Windows and OSX, reverting seems simple once you discover/learn how to, easier on OSX

As a feature request, it would be nice to be able to suppress the “new version” alert for a persistent amount of time, it keeps popping up - I guess it might be merged with @minitauros’s request, staying explicitly on an earlier version

1 Like

Since upgrading to version 3103 I’m experiencing hangs on every save between 15 and 20 seconds, while Mac OS X (10.11.3) is showing me the spinning wheel. I’m using very few packages so I wonder if others are experiencing a similar behaviour.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Thank you so much. 3103 screwed me a little that I resorted back to version 2. You have made my coding easier.

0 Likes