Sublime Forum

How to migrate Packages and Setting from Ubuntu to Windows?

I have using Sublime Text-3 in Ubuntu-16.04 for a while. I have downloaded multiple packages and have made multiple edits and change in my user setting. I want to use Sublime Text-3 in my Windows-10 pc now. But I don’t want to go through all the procedure of downloading packages and making changes to user setting again. Is there any way to migrate all the packages and setting ?

0 Likes

Your custom settings are stored in files in your User package, so copying the contents of that folder over to the similar folder on your windows machine will get your settings there.

Assuming you use PackageControl to install your packages, it’s settings are also stored in your User package. As long as PackageControl is installed on your windows machine as well, it will automatically install all of the packages that you used it to install on the other machine.

That leaves you to just manually install any packages you might have installed without PackageControl as well as any package overrides you might have made that aren’t stored in the User folder.

6 Likes

Thanx, that did solved the issue

0 Likes

I use this package https://www.mfuentesg.dev/SyncSettings/
It’s easiest and best solution I found so far and is easy to setup

0 Likes