Sublime Forum

How to drag and drop on Windows and Mac

Hi,

Looked on the forum for an answer, but see so many different solutions that I ask it again.

How can I simply drag and drop folders/files in one project of Sublime text 3 or from one project to
the other project?

Here it doesn’t work on Mac and Windows.

Regards & Thanks,

David

0 Likes

this is not supported natively with SublimeText and I am not aware of any plug-in to use.

Clearly you didn’t look on the forum for an answer as this should have become very clear?

For the interest of the reader you could have shared a link to a relevant find from your research.

0 Likes

Who are you the forum police?
This is just one of them:
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/drag-and-drop-files-and-folders-in-the-side-bar/42950
And I don’t understand any of it!

0 Likes

hi @ALLMEDIALAB,

when you drag and drop a folder you are basically moving files / folders from one location to another. The “solution” suggested there is to use a plug-in (AdvancedNewFile) to achive the same end result.

This would allow you to select a file/folder on the sidebar, press a key of your choise and assign a new name for it (and path as well)

AdvancedNewFile is a great plug-in, I use it very frequently. It is convenient.

0 Likes

it is possible to drag folders from your desktop / file explorer into sublimetext. The folder will be added to your sidebar if you drop it in the text area or sidebar.

0 Likes