Sublime Forum

How do you change the folding behavior or style?

Is there a way to change the folding style to mimic visual studio:
Imgur
Where both braces are on the same line? Thank you.

2 Likes

It is possible to include newlines in the folded region and to do so with the API, but the folding behavior when clicking on the folding arrows is not configurable.

0 Likes

you can also change the default image by editing the theme (IIRC) at least the image is there

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Also, I’m sorry I must have missed the response. I checked back and I guess I didn’t notice your reply. My apologies

Please help me understand what you’re saying. That I can not make sublime put the folded region to the right of the line? I don’t need the square box or the braces visible, if that’s what you were thinking.

0 Likes

tito, which image are you referring to?

0 Likes

The yellow ellipsis image:

@FichteFoll is referring to the fact that in Sublime you can fold any text region you like. Just select any range of text and hit Edit > Code Folding > Fold (or the shortcut for your system). What the folding arrows in the gutter do is baked in and non-configurable, but Sublime can fold any way you like.

3 Likes

Ahh, ok, I’m not worried about the folding arrows in the gutter. I am definitely interested in what the ellisis do and where they go.

For example, the bracing style in the current project I’m on uses the Allman style.

Now I didn’t know I could simple select and fold (Very cool btw) but now that I know this I was able to fold it .Which is precisely what I am trying to achieve when I go: Edit > Code folding > Fold all [ctrl + k, ctrl + 1]

Where can I change the “Fold All” behavior? Is there a script I can write to achieve this?

0 Likes