Sublime Forum

How do I hange Selection color (for Solarized Dark) on Mac

I have purchased (Mac), and quite like Sublime / Solarized - except I cannot see what text is selected. selectionBackground is hi-lit below - can’t see it.

I tried fiddling with settings as shown below - no luck. Also cannot find themes using Mac spotlight for tmtheme.

0 Likes

You will need to get the package Package Resource Viewer from Package Control. Invoke it from the Command Palette, then find your theme in the list of files. Open the theme, then open say Solarized.tmTheme. Then change the colour number (in hex) for the colour you want for selected text and save the file.

You might want to pick up the Color Picker package also to make things easier.

0 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response. Much appreciated.

But, does not appear to be working (Mac - 10.11.6).

The Package Viewer does not show my theme. It opens the finder - I am not finding the theme in the list of files.

0 Likes

I don’t have a Mac so I can’t help you. You invoke Package Resource Viewer from the Command Palette (Cmd -Shift-P) in Sublime Text. It will bring up a list of files. Then you follow my previous instructions. I assume that you have installed the Package Resource Viewer from Package Control and that you have installed Package Control.

0 Likes

Again, thanks for your quick response.

I have a PC, so looked there. There are no themes under any of the Sublime folders.

This is not a manually installed theme - Solarized Dark is pre-packaged. Is that an issue?

0 Likes

Unless you’ve manually installed your plugins (e.g. via file copy or using git), you won’t see loose files with the package contents; The packages would be installed as sublime-package files (zip files with a different extension).

This is why PackageResourceViewer is so handy; use Tools > Command Palette to open the command palette, and then enter prv:o to filter the list of commands down and select PackageResourceViewer: Open Resource.

This will prompt you with the complete list of packages that are installed; when you select the package with your theme in it, the list will switch to show you the package contents. That’s the place where you can select the file you want to modify.

0 Likes

Ah, custom vs. installed packages.

So, I installed Solarized Dark, and it provided an acceptable background for selected text. So I am ok, though I did not figure out how to change that if I needed to…

And, thanks for getting back.

0 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t realize that Solarized was a pre-installed color scheme. What you must do is use Package Resource Viewer to open a list of files. One of them is Color Scheme - Default. Select that and open it, then scroll down to Solarized (Dark).tmTheme. Open that, and you will be able to change what you want, as I previously indicated.
If you are new to Sublime Text, it might be wise to wait until you are more familiar with ST, before making changes.

0 Likes

similar problems have been reported with Solarized Light:

0 Likes