Sublime Forum

How can I create new symbolic locations for search? e.g <project>, etc

I’m working with a large video game project that has a sprawling directory structure. There is a large base engine directory and a base game data directory (among others) and these are supplemented by a host of plugin folders which build on the base elements.

If I want to search all engine-related files, all ability-related files, all npc-related files, etc, (no matter whether in the base game or one of the plugins) then the search syntax tends to get a bit complicated.

One solution seems to be extending the “symbolic location” functionality of Sublime’s search, whereby I can search through files in specific pre-defined categories, e.g. [project], [open files] or [open files]

I would like to create new [engine], [talents], [npcs] etc. symbolic locations for my project.

How do I go about this?

Also, if anyone could tell me how to input angular brackets on the Sublime forum, that’d be immensely appreciated!

0 Likes

text in forum posts is formatted in Markdown, which means (some) HTML is supported - thus angle brackets and text inside them are often not displayed. You can mark them as code using backticks like: `<test>`

0 Likes