Sublime Forum

Highlight_line is not working with gutter disabled

The topic pretty much describes my problem. I would like to use line highlight without gutter. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Vjekoslav

2 Likes

Confirmed on ST3 build 3111 on Windows 7x64 and Ubuntu x64, fresh state, having the following in the Packages\User\Preferences.sublime-settings file doesn’t highlight the current line:

{
    "highlight_line": true,
    "gutter": false
}

Guessing this is a bug, but maybe it is intentional… I can think of some scenarios where it would be undesirable to highlight the current line when there is no gutter, for example in the find/replace textboxes…

0 Likes

I see a bug has been filed here: https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/586

0 Likes

Yeah, that’s good to see. Although it’s been almost 2 years since the bug was reported so it doesn’t give me much hope that the bug will be fixed.

0 Likes

+1 for this…

1 Like

As a work around, you can disable the line_numbers and fold_buttons settings, which will drastically reduce the “gutter” area size:

–>

Keybind on some .sublime-keymap

[
	{ "keys": ["ctrl+k", "ctrl+n"], "command": "toggle_settings", "args":
		{"settings": ["line_numbers", "fold_buttons", "mini_diff"]}, "same_value": true },
]
0 Likes

Different font sizes for different windows
How do I hide icons? show_git_status

Hi, I hate to necro my own thread, but I just upgraded to Sublime 4 and this bug is still present and I can se that bug report kingkeith linked is still open. How come?

0 Likes

There could be several reasons

1. SublimeHQ is still a pretty small team (perhaps only ~2 engineers working on ST) and the current list of open issues is ~1800. I guess they need to effectively focus on addressing issues that are affecting a significant proportion of users and can’t afford to focus on niche issues.
  2. The issue might not have reached the necessary priority.
0 Likes