Sublime Forum

Hide status bar clock

Hi,

does anyone know how to hide clock at the left status bar ?
any settings for customizing status bar ?

33%20AM

Thanks

0 Likes

This is provided by a plugin. Use the command List Packages see all installed packages to find which one is causing this.

2 Likes

thank for answering, and sorry for replying after long time, yes I search on Package cache there is this package https://github.com/lowliet/sublimetext-StatusBarTime but I didn’t install it, also it doesn’t show on command List Packages then, how to remove this

0 Likes

1 year ago there is this plugin to customize StatusBarControls: status bar customization but it didn’t exist anymore

0 Likes

As far as the Github repository goes, this plugin does not have any dependencies, so you can try to manually delete it by going to Preferences -> Browse Packages ..., search for the folder, delete it & restart Sublime to see if that helps. As far as I have noticed Package Control: List Packages does not list dependencies.

0 Likes

That particular package can be removed with Package Control -> Remove Package ->Package. I know because I did it just now. It is difficult to find, so scroll carefully.

1 Like

Deleting a package that Package Control installed will make Package Control install it again later unless you change the value of install_missing; in order to manually remove a package like that you need to also remove it from the installed_packages setting. If you do that and restart Sublime, Package Control will remove the package automatically, as long as remove_orphaned is enabled (which it is by default).

For what it’s worth, the OverrideAudit Package Report marks dependencies, and the hover popup tells you what’s referencing them (not that it helps in this particular case though).

1 Like

I can’t find lowliet/sublimetext-StatusBarTime

0 Likes

can’t find lowliet/StatusBarTime in remove package

0 Likes

nice, will try OverrideAudit, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

ok already tried, also can’t find statusbartime can this package list all depependencies of 1 package ?

0 Likes

Packages that are installed as sublime-package files don’t show up in the Packages folder; that’s just for packages that are installed as unpacked package files (or for overrides). Most packages are installed as sublime-package files, so it’s not unsurprising that it won’t show there. This video on Demystifying Packages in Sublime Text provide some more information on the various ways and places that packages can be installed.

As mentioned above, even if you find a sublime-package file in the appropriate location and remove it, Package Control will likely just install it again. This is part of the mechanism that allows you to synchronize your packages across various machines by just copying your configuration around.

The fuzzy matching in the command palette and quick panels prioritizes things in a way you might not expect. Just using st is perhaps not enough to float that particular package to the top. I would try using a whole word like status or scrolling down through the list as Jackeroo mentioned above.

0 Likes

It can, but I don’t think dependencies have anything to do with your problem here. The package you’re referring to above doesn’t have any dependencies. If the complete list of packages doesn’t show it, then it’s some other package that’s doing it instead, or a plugin that you added to your User package.

0 Likes

Actually after @bschaaf said it came from plugin, I tried to search from terminal and found StatusBarTime from Package cache, but I dont think ever install that status bar time package. And I can’t found that except from the cache.

So it is possible that other package installing it, ok, so I think this is possible solution: find dependencies from my package list from github and ask there how to remove or hide

0 Likes

That cache result is just the list of packages for PC to install that it fetches on startup.

Did you perhaps copy a plugin file that adds the current time to the status bar to your User package? If so, you will need to find and remove it yourself.

An alternative might be reverting your ST configuration and slowly building it up to what you had before by installing packages and copying over your old settings from the User package.

1 Like

That would be the best solution under the circumstances. The OP’s installation seems to be messed up,
Probably the package was not installed by Package Control.

0 Likes

On my setup, it was GoSublime that added the datetime in the status bar. It can be disabled by running the GoSublime: Edit Margo Extension command and commenting out the line which initialises the DayTimeStatus struct.

Hope this helps others, I uninstalled every extension I had to find this out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow thanks a lot @tleb it works

0 Likes