Sublime Forum

Help with how have I configured sublime to do this when editing python source

Hi there, I’ve 2 OSX machines running ST3 which I thought I’d got synced with plugins and settings. Problem is the source machine exhibits the following behaviour which I can’t replicate on the other, the implication is there is something major I’ve missed, eyeballing or diff-ing settings files reveals nothing and the installed packages are in sync. Source machine is a very old, OSX machine which I’ve been running Sublime on since version 2 and installed/uninstalled several packages/linters on when I was trying to learn both the editor and python.

I’ve grabbed both behaviours in the image which I’ve hopefully attached

1. Editing python files the source machine highlights pep8 style errors like this - Can anyone shed any light on how/why/what I have configured to get the on-the-fly "errors as indicated by the white boxes?

2. there is an on-the-fly hover that pops up when keywords are typed the blue/amber text in the image - how can I find out what is triggering that behaviour?

edited for a few typos

0 Likes

So you’re saying you have exactly the same packages and settings on two machines but don’t get the behavior described by the two screenshots on one machine?

Check the console for errors.

0 Likes

Both popup and linting is done by the Anaconda package

0 Likes

Thanks, sorted now.

0 Likes