Sublime Forum

"goto anything" performance on retina panels

Just upgraded from 2219 to 2220 and performance with goto anything is still terrible when the Sublime window is on my retina display and silky smooth when I move it to my external (non-retina) display. Maybe not having the files actually load in the editor window as you type would resolve this? That seems to be the issue…

0 Likes

it’d unfortunately rather slow for me as well. (2.6ghz, 16gb, 512gb ssd, retina). i thought it was just plugins i had installed, but even starting from scratch it still gets bogged down :confused:

0 Likes

Build 2220, same symptoms. Works great when ST2 is on my external (non-retina) display, sluggish on my Retina display.

0 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing, but I’ve noticed that if I shrink the window performance comes back. I’m seeing slowdowns everywhere; typing, goto anything, dragging selections, scrolling, etc.

Window size appears to have a sweet spot based on total pixel area. When dragging a window edge, I can pretty much see when ST will work well, when the motion of the edge itself gets choppy everything else slows down too.

0 Likes

@joemaller Yeah, exactly the same here

0 Likes

I have this same problem, but interestingly I have two screens, one non-retina and one retina. If use Sublime on the Retina display it’s quite slow, there’s a delay after each keypress. If I drag it across to the other screen all the problems go away.

0 Likes

Fwiw, I’m seeing no slowdowns on a 13" mbp retina with build 2219 and dual monitor (one obviously non-retina), no matter which screen I put it on.

Using Soda Dark + Monokai Soda with quite a few packages running and quite a bit of use.

0 Likes

Same issue here, after I post a new post about this issue I got this thread. Looks like this is an old issue. ST2 goto anything lag on key pressing on my retina display, drag the window to external display and everything will become smoothly, very frustrating on retina display.

0 Likes

Problem solved for Soda and Soda Refined: Go to Anything lag on Retina Display.

0 Likes