Sublime Forum

Fuzzy filesystem find?

Don’t worry about it. As I said, this also affects projects, so I think I’m just doing something stupid.

Sorry about. I’m using FuzzyNav as my Ctrl+O and as you can imagine, I look at it quite often. Also, it’s your own damn fault, for pushing updates so quickly. You make everything seem easy :smile:

Allow me to insist a little bit. If the (eventually) default settings for FuzzyNav include a bookmark for root, you have a safe option for new users, and the ability for quicker navigation to distant parts of the filesystem for those who have configured it. This should work well, no?

Will do.

Alex

0 Likes

Nothing huge, just some fixes.

-Exclude setting is now global and in settings file
-Fix issue where going back a directory sometimes doesn’t take you to root
-Open bookmarks if “Fuzzy Nav Here” is clicked in an untitled file.

Bookmark format has now changed: regex_exclude argument is no longer needed, optional argument os_exclude now allows for platform specific bookmarks (mainly so by default I can specify a windows root or a Linux/Unix root).

@quodlibet
Let me know if you are still having weird issues when going up a directory. This should all be fixed now hopefully.

0 Likes

This, I hadn’t thought of. I’m sorry :smile:

[quote]@quodlibet
Let me know if you are still having weird issues when going up a directory. This should all be fixed now hopefully.[/quote]

Will do.

Alex

0 Likes

Quick update.

-Add multi_file_open setting to allow for leaving the panel open after a file is selected so more files can be opened

it is false by default

0 Likes

@COD312

Tried out your branch; the reload is nice. I see you dynamically added the make dir and make folder entry. Pretty neat.

Depending how I proceed in the future, I might pick up the reloading on_modified. I didn’t seem to notice any lag with it, which is good.

0 Likes

A better description of the issue with accessing root on Windows.

1. Install Sublime 2216
  2. Run Sublime
  3. Install Package Control
  4. Restart
  5. Add repo: github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav
  6. Install FuzzyFileNav
  7. Restart
  8. Run Sublime
  9. Context menu > Fuzzy Bookmarks

On a portable installation: the “My Computer” bookmark takes me to the ST folder (where sublime_text.exe resides) and I can’t go further back into the filesystem.

On a regular installation in C:\Program Files: the “My Computer” bookmark takes me to: C:\Documents and Settings\Username.SOMEDOMAIN and I can’t fo further back into the filesystem.

Does this make any sense? :confused:

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]A better description of the issue with accessing root on Windows.

1. Install Sublime 2216
  2. Run Sublime
  3. Install Package Control
  4. Restart
  5. Add repo: github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav
  6. Install FuzzyFileNav
  7. Restart
  8. Run Sublime
  9. Context menu > Fuzzy Bookmarks

On a portable installation: the “My Computer” bookmark takes me to the ST folder (where sublime_text.exe resides) and I can’t go further back into the filesystem.

On a regular installation in C:\Program Files: the “My Computer” bookmark takes me to: C:\Documents and Settings\Username.SOMEDOMAIN and I can’t fo further back into the filesystem.

Does this make any sense? :confused:[/quote]

Yeah, it happens off and on, I thought it was fixed, but it isn’t. I should have something soon.

0 Likes

Fix is in. “” was getting converted to “.” in windows. Later in the code, if windows, I convert “” into a all of the drives on the system, but since “” was getting turned to “.” early on, you were getting a directory list of the relative path in regards to sublime.

Let me know if this works.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I get a “No Disk” error when I click on the “My Computer” bookmark, both on my fresh install at C:\Program Files and at my old and crusty portable setup. (I removed the fresh portable install.)

It’s probably meaningless, but I grabbed a screenshot of the error: *(http://i.imgur.com/I9Y0V.png)

Update: After insisting (by pressing Continue precisely four times), it allowed me to see the drives available on both installations.*

0 Likes

@quodlibet

Are some of your local drives mapped to network locations?

All the code is doing is looping through the alphabet trying to see if drives exists.

[pre=#000000]* def* get_drives(self):
# Search through valid drive names and see if they exist.
return unicode(d + “:”) for d in “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ” if path.exists(d + “:”)][/pre]

It might be possible that when testing a network drive, that python errors out. I will put a try/catch around the testing of the drive and see if that helps.

0 Likes

@quodlibet

-Another attempt at a fix posted

I should now be discarding drives if an issue accessing them occurs. This seems to be the likely issue.

If this doesn’t work, open your console and tell me if you see any errors being reported while you attempt to use the plugin.

0 Likes

I’m not sure, but it’s a definite possibility. There’s an IT person I can ask tomorrow.

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]

I’m not sure, but it’s a definite possibility. There’s an IT person I can ask tomorrow.[/quote]

Well, hopefully the fix I posted works for you. It should filter out drives that cannot be accessed.

0 Likes

@facelessuser Sorry, I was getting ready to leave work and didn’t notice you had posted an additional fix. I’ll look at it tomorrow and let you know if I run into trouble. Thanks for the super fast response.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]Tried out your branch; the reload is nice. I see you dynamically added the make dir and make folder entry. Pretty neat.

Depending how I proceed in the future, I might pick up the reloading on_modified. I didn’t seem to notice any lag with it, which is good.[/quote]

Yeah, I added it not really thinking that it would be practical, having the plugin reload every keystroke, but it performed exceptionally. It really opens up some new doors.

It’s interesting how all the plugins I’ve worked on seem to push ST2 past its visible limits. Display Functions and AutoFileName dealt with autocompletion, SMART_Snippets pushes ST views to their limit, while this plugin abuses the quick panel. It’s kind of fun seeing how far you can take things.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]

[quote=“facelessuser”]Tried out your branch; the reload is nice. I see you dynamically added the make dir and make folder entry. Pretty neat.

Depending how I proceed in the future, I might pick up the reloading on_modified. I didn’t seem to notice any lag with it, which is good.[/quote]

Yeah, I added it not really thinking that it would be practical, having the plugin reload every keystroke, but it performed exceptionally. It really opens up some new doors.

It’s interesting how all the plugins I’ve worked on seem to push ST2 past its visible limits. Display Functions and AutoFileName dealt with autocompletion, SMART_Snippets pushes ST views to their limit, while this plugin abuses the quick panel. It’s kind of fun seeing how far you can take things.[/quote]

I know; it is pretty fun to see and do. Quick panel is really getting worked over in this, but it is taking it like a champ. Later tonight I am going to post an update that uses the on_query_context to use tabs to autocomplete folder/file names, and if you enter a slash after a completed folder name, it will take you into the folder. “…/” and “/” should work and on windows “d:” should take you the “d:” drive etc. So it should feel more like it does on the terminal. The autocomplete will be nix style though, so if you are on windows and expect tab to cycle through all instances of folders/files that start the same, you will be disappointed. It is more like Linux/Unix where when you tab if there is only one that starts with what you have typed, then it will complete it.

So yeah, a little bit of your code is going to be dropped into the next iteration. I think there is already some COD312 inspired stuff in it already, but yeah, I am finally getting on board with adding a bit of on_query_context.

0 Likes

FYI. Last night I updated the repo with the features from the previous post.

0 Likes

@facelessuser FuzzyNav is still misbheaving on my Windows setup. I get the following error:

(For some reason I wasn’t able to cut & paste from the console and I’m too dazed to figure out why.)

Would you perchance prefer if I opened an issue in github?

I only just read that you’ve pushed the new features (yay!); I haven’t had a chance to play with them.

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]@facelessuser FuzzyNav is still misbheaving on my Windows setup. I get the following error:

(For some reason I wasn’t able to cut & paste from the console and I’m too dazed to figure out why.)

Would you perchance prefer if I opened an issue in github?

I only just read that you’ve pushed the new features (yay!); I haven’t had a chance to play with them.[/quote]

Thanks. This is a simple issue to fix. I just need to make sure the view != None. I just posted this fix.

It is very helpful if issues are posted on github. That means I will be notified of issues opposed to having to recheck the thread for issues. This thread works well for general positive/negative feedback and suggestions.

0 Likes

I’ve just installed sublime text and the first thin I’ve searched for was a fuzzyfinder replacement :smile:

Maybe I’m blind, but is there currently any shortcut for FuzzyFinderNav? If not, how can I add one? I’d like to keep my hands on the keyboard, so opening the search window with a shortcut is kind of a must-have…

0 Likes