Sublime Forum

Folding search results

When I do a ‘find-in-folder’ I’d like to be able to fold away each search, just like I can fold the contents of each file listed in the search results.

If the results of each search were indented, this is possible.
Any suggestions on setting this configuration?

Or how to contact the developers to suggest it as a feature?

1 Like

You can press Find All (alt+enter) and then just fold the selection (ctrl+shift+[ or Edit > Code Folding > Fold).

0 Likes

The BetterFindBuffer package provides this.

Actually nvm, you want to fold away the entire search. Do what @r-stein said, then. I’ll leave this link here anyway.

0 Likes

I’m on a mac - not sure what Find All means.

I tried highlighting the search, and then folding and unfolding, but if I was to fold it again, I have to manually select the text to fold.

0 Likes

In the search bar at the bottom right there should be 3 buttons Find, Find Prev and Find All

0 Likes

oh sorry, I forgot to mention I mean when we have used ‘find in folder’ and have a list of search results.

0 Likes

Thanks… a great suggestion, however a UI triangle pointing downwards when unfolded, and to the right when folded would increase the ease of use. Although I love your workaround :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

yes, the arrow is exactly what I meant - if the file is indented, then it will automatically have the folding arrow there :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes