Sublime Forum

Find Replace (Where: Current Find Results page)

I use Sublime 3 on a network, and sometimes over a VPN, so the files I am working with can take a few minutes to search 11,000+ files for a string.

The request is when you perform a “Find” to investigate first before making a mass replacement (Replace All), is the ability to select in where “Current Find” (or something like that).

This would make sure that my Find & Replace stays within the results of the currently found files.

Hopefully you know what I mean, it basically prevents having to search again, and just take the list of files found in my last search, and replace strings in that list.

It would be beneficial to see that page update as well, and the ability to undo.

1 Like

I suggest looking into software that is more specialized for your task.

IDM software offers a significantly faster solution for working with very large files, and their UltraFinder application seems to possess similarly improved efficiency in search + replace functionality.

I think ST is a better editor overall, but you might want to try out UltraFinder specifically for handling your more involved seach + replace needs.

( The download option links to a 30 day trial )

0 Likes