Sublime Forum

FIND IN FILES: WHERE: <open folders> does not work as I expect

I would like to change something in the files that are in the folder whose file I just editing.

If I change a file to another folder, I need to click “Add folder” again. It would be nice if “< open folders >” is automatically the folder whose file I editing.

0 Likes

Open folders refers to the folders you have opened in your project. See the “project” menu or refer to http://docs.sublimetext.info/en/latest/file_management/projects.html

0 Likes

maybe <Open Folders> would be better renamed to <Project Folders> and a new option should be added for <Folders of Open Files> :wink:

1 Like

The “folders of open files” concept does not exist anywhere in Sublime Text (and I quite honestly never needed it). You usually want to have a project for these situations in the first place.

1 Like

Everyone has their own ways of working. I am working on many small single scripts, which are collected as a project in a folder. A folder is a project for me, so it would be nice if the search function offered this possibility. I do not want to specify that the particular folder is a project.

0 Likes