Sublime Forum

Finally, a multi-platform Terminal running in Sublime Text

@randy3k, Big fan of this plugin. Respect :thumbsup:.

5 Likes

That should be enough, though, wouldnā€™t it? Output panels behave very much like normal views (once you assigned a syntax).

1 Like

Yeah, I think an output panel is totally doable, and you could hide and show it without closing it, which could be kind of cool.

3 Likes

aiā€¦I have almost forgotten the output panelā€¦sounds a cool idea

2 Likes

It works. :slight_smile:

But I have some issues with themes which define output panel background colors, for example, DA UI.

3 Likes

It works fine!, I also advice to add -use-full-path parameter to have PATH enviroment variable into msy2 shell
e.g.
cmd.exe /c C:\\msys64\\msys2_shell.cmd -no-start -defterm -msys -use-full-path

Another thingā€¦
with -where parameter is possible open sys2 in a different directory; how can do for open sys2 in current project folder or the folder of last file opened?

0 Likes

Thank you so much! :sunny:
A decent terminal integration is very much needed. I am not satisfied with TerminalView and will immediately give your package a try.

1 Like

I installed, but how to use?

If I want to open terminal in this file it still open the mac terminal

0 Likes

Works perfect! Really really good!

0 Likes

A minor thing to possibly reconsider is the name:

(Iā€™m fine with this though)

2 Likes

I am thinking of renaming the package. Do you (or any) have any suggestion? How about TerminalX? (I am really bad at naming things)

Also, how about mapping ctrl+esc to open the console panel?

0 Likes

Donā€™t think Iā€™m any better at naming something and there are only so many core names for this (Console, Shell, Terminal). Adding prefixes and suffixes is one way, trying to mash them together is more fun though :slight_smile: Like Shonsal, Sherminal, Conshell, Terminell, Conell and whatever else seems like a word. Also mash in Sublime perhaps for Shlime, Sublishell.

0 Likes

Iā€™m big on just letting the user define their own global key binding for the popup console. Maybe have it in command palette, and explain in documentation how to add a shortcut. That way you never have to worry about overwriting someoneā€™s shortcut.

2 Likes

advice taken.

1 Like

@randy3k, is there a command to hide the panel console and then show it again without closing and reopening it?

0 Likes

If you hide it by pressing escape in the editor view, you can unhide it via the Switch Panel button in the bottom left (status bar). That brings back the Console as you left it.

(Seems like it executes command: show_panel {"panel": "output.Console"})

0 Likes

Cool, Iā€™ll have to figure out how to tie it to a toggle.

0 Likes

There is a problem with the output panel:

When I do the ā€œlsā€ command, the first letter of each filename is on the right of the panel (f, i and p letter). I think that the ā€œwidthā€ of the terminal emulator is not correct in this case (my device resolution is 1080p).

0 Likes

There is now a better command which launches the default shell if it has not been launched

{ 
        "keys": ["alt+`"], 
        "command": "toggle_console_panel", 
        "args": {"config_name": "Default", "panel_name": "Console"}
    }
1 Like

I cannot reproduce it. Is it a one time issue or you could easily reproduce it? Could you switch to other themes to see if it is related to your theme?

0 Likes