Sublime Forum

File type becomes "YOuatoubeADBlockie" when saving- only in sulbime text 3

Title says it all. I uploaded a 2 min video in youtube showing it all.

What has happened?

0 Likes

Sublime text does not automatically append a file extension on files for you. Notice in your video:

In Sublime, you enter some text and then in the file save dialog box, you enter the name of a file without an extension, then select ‘HTML’ from the drop down list and hit save. Sublime doesn’t append an extension to what you typed, so your file has no extension.

In Notepad, when you save the file you manually enter the extension .html because the file type dropdown in Notepad only contains “Text Document” and not HTML.

In Notepad++, it automatically puts the .html on the end for you when the file type is set to “Hyper Text Markup Files”, so even though you don’t enter an extension, one still gets added.

So the solution to your problem is, when you’re saving the file, append .html or whatever other extension you require to the end of the filename before you hit save. The file type dropdown box in the save dialog is not offering you the ability to append such an extension yourself, it’s filtering the list of files that you see to only files of that type.

The other part of your issue is that for some reason your copy of Windows has a registry modification in place that changes the name of files with no extension from “File” to “YOuatoubeADBlockie”. I can’t help you with why you did that, though. :wink:

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhh, awesome!!! Thanks!! I didn’t now that file extensions should be added like that. Sorry for my ignorance :wink: Thaaaanks!!!

^^ “Sulbime” Title, XD typo hahaha

0 Likes