I noticed that sublime will often not detect changes that are made to files by programs other than sublime. For example, I have a refactoring python script that I use to rename variables. I use this script because I sometimes don't like the result of sublime's replace-all-across-files, which also seems to work the way I want about 75% of the time.
This is what I do.
- Save my changes to myCode.cpp
- run python script from command line that changes many variables in different files, including myCode.cpp
- Run the shell command "more myCode.cpp" to verify the change has occured.
- Look back at sublime and see that the update has not been picked up.
- Do a little typing in sublime to see if this would trigger detection, it does not.
- Close the file and reopen the myCode.cpp. This, too, does not work and the file contents are still shown as old
- Hunt down I close all instances of myCode.cpp across all of my split windows (I use a custom window splitter similar to Origami), THEN open mycode.cpp
It is not until step 7 that the file is reread from disk and the change is noted. Is there anything I can do to fix or work around this problem?
I am using sublime 3 beta, so this may be just an issue with that version.