I have been evaluating you editor over the last few weeks and I am quite happy with it, generally.
I have come up with some suggestions for enhancements for you review. A lot of these enhancements are from
functionality that exists in other editors I use, like PSPad, Notepad++ and RJ Textpad.
- menu/toolbar option to show/hide white space (currently white-space only viewable when text selected)
- menu/toolbar option to comment/uncomment selected lines/current line
- menu/toolbar option to Duplicate selected lines
- menu/toolbar options for set to uppercase/lowercase
- toolbar options for Find, Find in Files, Replace, Replace in Files
- Find in Open Buffers should be merged into Find in Files (Does Find in Open Buffers mean Find in Opened Files????)
- Syntax for HTML-ASP JScript (currently VBScript)
- File Compare function (link to WinMerge maybe?)
- Syntax Highlighter editor
- Toolbar editor (turn on/off buttons on toolbar)
- set/unset Bookmarks with mouse click - click in left bookmark column to set/unset
- SQL Syntax: include @ and @@ as part of highlighted word when selecting, i.e. double-click on variable
- SQL Syntax: include # and ## as part of highlighted word when selecting, i.e. double-click on temp table name (local or global)
- Option to Trim Trailing Spaces on save
- Option to auto-reload file when file changed outside of Sublime, rather than being prompted
- Prompt to re-load file if changed by another program should appear when focus returned to Sublime and not when Tab gets the focus
- integrate HTML Tidy to assist validating and formating HTML code
- unable to select text and then drag it with the mouse and drop into new location - have to Ctrl-X and then Ctrl-V
- column mode functionality - selection, delete, edit, insert
- Find in Files Search Results should be presented in a TreeView with each file as a top-level node and matching lines as children. This will take up less space which is helpfull
when a large number of files is returned. Top node would also include number of matches found.
- Find in Files also to include ability to do replace - either in opened files or search path
- SQL: when text selected and press single quote then selected text is not replaced and single quote inserted before and after selected text
- SQL: having a string 'C:\' is treating the \' as an escaped single quote but in SQL to escape a single quote is to preceed it with another single quote i.e. ' and column.a = ''x'' '
this is causing the rest if the SQL file syntax highlighting to be back to front for string contents - changed string.quoted.single.sql to remove \ from expression
- Join Lines function includes the line after the last selected line