Sublime Forum

[Solved] Perl syntax - Error loading scope source.postscript

Hello I am new in Sublime text. I have portable version build 3103 for windows 10 x64.

When I download clear fresh Sublime text 3 without packages, I take error at start sublime.

Error loading scope:source.postscript: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.postscript in Packages/Perl/Perl.sublime-syntax

If I download notes package I take errors:

Error loading scope:source.postscript: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.postscript in Packages/Notes/tnotes.tmLanguage
Error loading scope:source.postscript: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.postscript in Packages/Notes/notes.tmLanguage

Can you help me please, how to fix it? That happend all time when I set perl syntax or notes. So I think here is any bug with missing postscript. Do you have any idea ho I can repair? Im newbie. Sorry for my bad english. I hope u understeand. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes

Confirmed same problem in vanilla ST3 build 3111. Repro steps:

• create a new document
  • set the syntax to Perl
  • check the console, there is the error reported by the OP

I did a google search, and found that it seems to have been a problem since around build 3095.

Also the same search revealed: https://github.com/textmate/postscript.tmbundle/blob/master/Syntaxes/Postscript.tmLanguage

@rybarova, I think if you download the above file, and save it into your Packages/User folder (accessible from Sublime Text, by going to the Preferences menu -> Browse Packages), and restart Sublime Text, it should solve the problem.

1 Like

It seems that it works. Thank you for your fast reply and easy solution, for english beginners and sublime newbies, like me. :heart_eyes: <3 Thank you.

0 Likes

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: An issue has been filed, so hopefully it will get officially fixed in the next release :slightly_smiling:

1 Like