Sublime Forum

EasyClangComplete for C++ auto-completion

I was searching for a plugin for clang-enabled C++ auto-completion that would be powerful, asynchronous and yet easy to set up and use. I have tried a bunch, but non really suited my needs. I have eventually found a plugin by pl-ca that I could start hacking around. With time it changed substantially and now it is a standalone plugin. You can find it here: EasyClangComplete. It is still pending the review to enter Package Control here.

Features

• should work for Windows, OSX and Linux out of the box. Including STL completion.
  • can work either using libclang along with its python bindings (currently only working for Linux) or can call clang binary from command line and parse the auto-completion output.
  • asynchronous, you will not need to wait for completions.
  • should be relatively well written for you to hack around.

Help needed

• I am not a python expert, so if you know more and are willing to share the knowledge - do so.
  • I do not own a Mac and I an not fluent with Windows, so people who are familiar with those could help making libclang completions run on both systems.
  • There is a couple of people who have tested the plugin, but there will be issues when more people start using it, so I do want to catch those and make the experience as nice as possible.
7 Likes