Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3158

Hi @wbond my machine is MacBook Pro with the built-in retina display, with default settings as 227 dpi.

Another thing I notice is the background of the syntax highlighting is 1px higher than the selection. You can download the first image and check the greenbox. Because my string has the similar background with the selection, it makes the top border of the selection looks blurry. It would be better if the selection is fully covered the background.

0 Likes

This build broke CodeComplice

How can I fix this? I need IntelliSense.

0 Likes

@devcarlos Hmm, my hunch is that perhaps some of the security fixes in Python 3.3.7 broke something. Are you a developer on the CodeComplice project?

0 Likes

I’m not and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be maintained anymore.

0 Likes

@jps @wbond you’ve both just updated one of my favourite things about Sublime Text (selection customisations), and you’ve been doing an awesome job so far!

Is there any way to donate? (Buying another license when I already have one seems silly :laughing:).

0 Likes

@devcarlos Can you confirm that this error doesn’t happen with build 3157?

0 Likes

Something off the topic, which is font that you are using for your snapshots above in the post??

1 Like

yay, I can confirm that 3160 fixes the symlink problems

0 Likes

Yep, i’m back on build 3157 and I can confirm it’s working again.

0 Likes

Do you see a warning as follows upon startup?

C:\Apps\Sublime\Data\Packages\CodeComplice\libs\codeintel2\tree.py:55: UserWarning: Not using codeintel's patched elementtree: this may cause problems
  warnings.warn("Not using codeintel's patched elementtree: "

Maybe some of the compiled modules of codeintel2 are not compatible and therefore not loaded?

I never found the real differences between the CodeIntel packages, but did you consider using SublimeCodeIntel 3.0.0?

@Kronuz updated SublimeCodeIntel to use the codeintel2 library as dedicated server application.

With a dedicated python3.6 installation and after installing codeintel by running pip install -U --pre codeintel it is ready for use. It works on Windows and Linux like a charm, even though its memory usage is quite exhaustive.

Unfortunately, you need to download it from GitHub as Package Control lists v2.2.0 only, which is quite outdated.

0 Likes

Hi. The selection border jumps up and down when you start selecting lines before or after the current one.

somewhat annoying

1 Like

I’m not too sure i’ve switched back to build 3157 for now.

I would really like to use CodeComplice as it has lots of bug fixes which SublimeCodeIntel doesn’t and I don’t have an issue with memory usage.

Is there anything I can do to keep using CodeComplice?

0 Likes

@devcarlos, what fixes does it have? I believe I just skipped few from php since I didn’t have a way to really test them (as I don’t use php much)

0 Likes

You can always make both pip and Sublime Package install prereleases. It’s explained here:

0 Likes

@Kronuz

The last time I checked I was having issues getting any completion working for php, but I might give it another go.

I think https://github.com/SublimeCodeIntel/SublimeCodeIntel/issues/477 was the issue i was experiencing, is this fixed in v3.0?

But my must have from CodeComplice is the new-style HTML tooltips, have you got any plans to implement this?

0 Likes

There have been HTML tooltips in SublimeCodeIntel for ages now… PHP support might be flaky, as well as Go support (as I don’t personally use them, I need a lot of feedback from those with clear and easily reproducible breaking cases) but modern JavaScript (ES6) and Python are much better now too.

0 Likes

That’s my issue right now CodeComplice is working perfectly for PHP so I would like to continue to keep using it.

It just sucks that the latest version of Sublime has broken it, I want to continue using the dev build but I can’t update until this is resolved.

0 Likes

First of all, the overall experience with ST3160 is very good. It runs like a charm. Nice to see the next level of HIDPI support on Windows and especially the correct handling of filesystem notifications along with support for junctions and symlinks. Good job!

Not sure whether the following issue is new or whether it exists for a while, but …

I recently encountered the command pallet to sometimes miss some items. Sublime Text was always running for a while when I opened the command. All plugins were loaded and both sublime_text and plugin_host were idle.

Actual behavior:

The screenshot misses the Preferences: Settings key and others.

Expected behavior

Canceling the command pallet and reopening it, then shows all results as expected.

Info

• Windows 10 x64 1709
  • Sublime Text x64 3160 portable
  • display resolution 1900x1200 with dpi_scale 1.0 and 100% on windows.
0 Likes

@Kronuz I take my hat off to you I just gave it another go and you have made some huge improvements. I know there was an issue with namespaces, has that been addressed?

In CodeComplice there was an option to override the default styling for the HTML tooltip, how would I go about changing that in SublimeCodeIntel?

I have noticed an instance where it doesn’t work, i will open an issue for it later today when I have time and will provide steps for you to reproduce it.

Edit: I am experiencing high memory usage and my fan is going crazy.

0 Likes

When things are indexing it gets like that. It’ll be better once it finishes indexing.

Regarding issues, yes, I really do need clear reproducible issues with minimal examples whenever possible. I’m always too busy and I honestly hardly ever take the time to try to reproduce a problem for which the description is lacking.

0 Likes