Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3156

No, I can’t estimate accurately. If I did, I would have given you two dates that I would have missed so far! Unfortunately the heavy CPU issue that I am working on fixing on Mac has been quite a challenge to work around.

I would recommend rolling back a version or two until the next dev build happens.

1 Like

Can you provide some more info about your platform and configuration? I’ve tried to reproduce on Windows (2x dpi_scale) and Mac, but haven’t seen it yet.

0 Likes

[
    {
        "caption": "ExampleCommand",
        "command": "example_command"
    },

{
        "caption": "Preferences: Example Command Settings",
        "command": "edit_settings", "args": {
            "base_file": "${packages}/ExampleCommand/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings",
            "default": "${packages}/User/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings"
        }
    }
]

Gives me an error:

TypeError: run() got an unexpected keyword argument 'default'

Most of my plugins now give this error if I try to edit the settings from the command palette.

0 Likes

Does this happen if you revert to a fresh state? If not, it may be a customization of the edit_settings command.

0 Likes

How do I achieve a fresh state? I’m pretty new to plugin dev.

EDIT: Found it. Will update when i figure it out.

0 Likes

If you check out Resources and Bug Tracking, it has a link to reverting to a fresh state, plus links to the bug tracker, default package repository, etc.

1 Like

Reverting to a fresh state works. Does that mean that one of my plugins is redefining edit_settings somewhere?

0 Likes

The specs are:

• Sublime Text 3156 x64
  • Windows 10 1709 Pro x64
  • Resolution 1900x1200
  • dpi_scale 1.0

As you can’t reproduce it I had a closer look into my config to figure out possible reasons.

1. With ST3156 vanilla install (default settings) the hint text is indeed aligned correctly.
  2. The value of the “line_padding_top” setting causes an offset in vertical alignment. Setting it to 10 causes the hint to be misaligned by 10 pixels.
  3. The value of “line_padding_bottom” does not have any effect.
  4. Sublime-theme settings seem to have an effect, too. With "line_padding_top": 0 alignment is ok with Adaptive theme, but with one of the DA-UI themes or AYU an offset of about 1 or 2 pixels still exists. Maybe some spacing/padding settings? Was not able to find the exact setting causing it.
0 Likes

The default argument is meant to take the initial text to display, but not the path to the user file.

You’d need to use:

{
        "caption": "Preferences: Example Command Settings",
        "command": "edit_settings", "args": {
            "base_file": "${packages}/ExampleCommand/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings",
            "user_file": "${packages}/User/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings"
        }
    }

But user_file can be left blank in your and most other cases, as it is built from base_file automatically.

1 Like

Build 3157 is out now, fixing the command palette issues with this build. Please report any remaining issues on that thread.

4 Likes