Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3156

I assumed it was imminent, but that’s my fault. In that case I’ll rollback a version.
Thank you for your work. And best wishes on that nasty issue you’re working on.

1 Like

Just rolled back to 3143 (stable) but the problem persists. It keeps the previous command around. Whats up with that? I really don’t want to always remove the previous command before typing a new one.

0 Likes

On build 3143 the command is initially selected like this:

Then you only need to type something and the command is erased. If you reverted to build 3143 and the command is not initially selected, it mean that you do not reverted to build 3143. If you enter on the About command, what is the version you see?

0 Likes

You are right! Thanks for clarifying that, I was going crazy not understanding where it was breaking or how it was working before. Really appreciate the details about the issue.

0 Likes

Thanks to the team for all your great work.

To anybody who wants to stay on the dev channel, but wishes to roll back a build, just download the package manually:

curl -O https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime-text_build-3155_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i sublime-text_build-3155_amd64.deb

(adjusting for your OS and architecture) and then avoid upgrading until the next one comes along.

0 Likes

For anyone reading this, the (I hope temporary) fix is:

1. Install the package ‘chainofcommands’
  2. Add the following to your keybindings:
{
    "keys": ["super+shift+p"],
    "command": "chain",
    "args": {
        "commands": [
            ["show_overlay", { "overlay": "command_palette" }],
            ["select_all"],
        ]
    },
},
4 Likes

Command palette - clear last used command after execute

Might want to try this package https://packagecontrol.io/packages/ElixirSyntax
The official package uses tm syntax, which is not as easy to maintain or update as sublime syntax definition.

0 Likes

Command Pallet: the previous behavior, previous command text highlighted … was PERFECT. please revert or add an option
THANKS

0 Likes

That’s perfect - thanks!!

0 Likes

Bump. This behaviour change is amazingly annoying on a minute-by-minute basis, any estimate on when we might get a fix?

0 Likes

No, I can’t estimate accurately. If I did, I would have given you two dates that I would have missed so far! Unfortunately the heavy CPU issue that I am working on fixing on Mac has been quite a challenge to work around.

I would recommend rolling back a version or two until the next dev build happens.

1 Like

Can you provide some more info about your platform and configuration? I’ve tried to reproduce on Windows (2x dpi_scale) and Mac, but haven’t seen it yet.

0 Likes

[
    {
        "caption": "ExampleCommand",
        "command": "example_command"
    },

{
        "caption": "Preferences: Example Command Settings",
        "command": "edit_settings", "args": {
            "base_file": "${packages}/ExampleCommand/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings",
            "default": "${packages}/User/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings"
        }
    }
]

Gives me an error:

TypeError: run() got an unexpected keyword argument 'default'

Most of my plugins now give this error if I try to edit the settings from the command palette.

0 Likes

Does this happen if you revert to a fresh state? If not, it may be a customization of the edit_settings command.

0 Likes

How do I achieve a fresh state? I’m pretty new to plugin dev.

EDIT: Found it. Will update when i figure it out.

0 Likes

If you check out Resources and Bug Tracking, it has a link to reverting to a fresh state, plus links to the bug tracker, default package repository, etc.

1 Like

Reverting to a fresh state works. Does that mean that one of my plugins is redefining edit_settings somewhere?

0 Likes

The specs are:

• Sublime Text 3156 x64
  • Windows 10 1709 Pro x64
  • Resolution 1900x1200
  • dpi_scale 1.0

As you can’t reproduce it I had a closer look into my config to figure out possible reasons.

1. With ST3156 vanilla install (default settings) the hint text is indeed aligned correctly.
  2. The value of the “line_padding_top” setting causes an offset in vertical alignment. Setting it to 10 causes the hint to be misaligned by 10 pixels.
  3. The value of “line_padding_bottom” does not have any effect.
  4. Sublime-theme settings seem to have an effect, too. With "line_padding_top": 0 alignment is ok with Adaptive theme, but with one of the DA-UI themes or AYU an offset of about 1 or 2 pixels still exists. Maybe some spacing/padding settings? Was not able to find the exact setting causing it.
0 Likes

The default argument is meant to take the initial text to display, but not the path to the user file.

You’d need to use:

{
        "caption": "Preferences: Example Command Settings",
        "command": "edit_settings", "args": {
            "base_file": "${packages}/ExampleCommand/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings",
            "user_file": "${packages}/User/ExampleCommand.sublime-settings"
        }
    }

But user_file can be left blank in your and most other cases, as it is built from base_file automatically.

1 Like

Build 3157 is out now, fixing the command palette issues with this build. Please report any remaining issues on that thread.

4 Likes