Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3142

Dev Build 3142 is out now at http://www.sublimetext.com/3dev, with some quality-of-life improvements

11 Likes

When I open the folder, there are a lot of md files, the sidebar will become very slow, sometimes the mouse does not reflect the rolling

0 Likes

What package do you use for Markdown highlighting?

Starting 3127 I can recommend default markdown package more than any other custom, however without code highlighting but works like a charm (thanks a lot to @kingkeith :heart: ).

4 Likes

Limit undo stack size option

Improved responsiveness when the system is under high CPU load

Been waiting for this one for years. Great job!

2 Likes

Build 3141 vs 3142 Performance (Vanilla Install versions), we may noticed the RAM usage is reduced about 2 MB, and the CPU usage stays about the same for simple text typing:

The test computer characteristics are:

1. Processor Intel i3-390M @2.67 GHz: (Underclocked to 1 GHz)
    C:\>echo %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% %PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER% %PROCESSOR_LEVEL% %PROCESSOR_REVISION% AMD64 Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel 6 2505

2. RAM 8 GB DDR3 @1067 MHz:
    C:\>wmic MemoryChip get BankLabel, Capacity, MemoryType, TypeDetail, Speed BankLabel Capacity MemoryType Speed TypeDetail BANK 0 4294967296 24 1067 128 BANK 2 4294967296 24 1067 128

3. GPU Intel® HD Graphics 64 MB of RAM:
    C:\>wmic path win32_VideoController get name Name Intel(R) HD Graphics

However for heavy loads the performance is incredibly better! With the issue: Core$1846 (add_regions causes Sublime Text to hang for ever after eating 1.81GB of RAM), Sublime Text is put under a great pressure. With build 3141, basically the performance was horrible, there was some point you could not even see anything changing on the GUI, but now with build 3142, Sublime Text stays responsive the whole time, until it hang by that bug, of course, but not before as build 3141 used to do.

Great work Sublime Text Team!

0 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reports. Just a few notes:

• With regards to GotoLastEditEnhanced, one of the assumptions that Sublime Text makes is that there’s only a reasonably small number of unique names used for add_regions. It appears that GotoLastEditEnhanced, even with the change to record only a limited about of history, uses a unique name for every region. I suspect that if the region names used (index % MAX_HIST_SIZE) instead of the just the index as the region name suffix, then the memory usage issues you’re seeing with it will go.
  • Sublime Text maintains an infinite undo stack size, so any auto typing setup will eventually cause a crash due to memory exhaustion, it’s just a question of how long it’ll take. Using the 64 bit version will be a significant help here, as it appears you’re running into address space limits, rather than memory limits per se.
7 Likes

Security Flaw CVE-2017-8368

On 3142 I am experiencing label cutoff, when a file is selected in the side bar, as visible in the attached gif.

Theme related configuration:

"color_scheme": "Packages/User/SublimeLinter/primer.light (SL).tmTheme",
"theme": "Primer.sublime-theme",
"theme_primer_sidebar_font_large": true,
"theme_primer_tab_active_red": true,
0 Likes

After 3142 I can hardly scroll large java script files! They get stuck!
Never had any problem in the last 2 years.
Regards,
David

0 Likes

Is this the first build you are seeing this behavior on?

0 Likes

Is this the first build you are seeing this on? Does the issue persist if you restore to a fresh install with no third-party packages?

0 Likes

Hi,
Yes it’s the first time I ever experience this behavior. It takes a long time to load the .js file and then I’m unable to scroll down. Can I shut all third party packages of in one go? And how do I do that?

0 Likes

Is this the first build you are seeing this behavior on?

Yes, build 3216 didn’t have this problem.

0 Likes

Did it work okay in dev build 3141?

0 Likes

Yes, follow the instructions at http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html, just save your data folder so you may restore it afterwards.

0 Likes

Did it work okay in dev build 3141?

I just downloaded 3141 and the issue is already there.

0 Likes

It seems this is only Primer theme-specific issue.

Errors parsing theme:
Rule is missing a class name

I’ve just tested: Default, Adaptive and many other custom UI themes work as expected.

UPDATE:

@wbond, can be reproduced with default themes.

Steps:

1. View → Side Bar → Show Open Files.
  2. Add to the Default.sublime-theme
    {
        "class": "sidebar_label",
        "parents": [{"class": "tree_row", "attributes": ["selected"]}],
        "fg": [24, 24, 24],
        "font.bold": true
    },
0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to check that out!

1 Like

Can I send you the .js file for a quick test to scroll down? (windows 10)

0 Likes

Sure, you can post a link here or send it to will@wbond.net.

0 Likes

Unfortunately is your mailserver not accepting a ZIP file containing a script file

0 Likes