Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3132

Hmmm… I think you got the light themes reversed. If anything, Breakers has (a tiny bit) more contrast than Sixteen. I agree that you can’t please everyone, but I think if you only have 2 color themes per background (which I think is enough for the default set), one should have be really high contrast. Slush&Poppies has good enough contrast overall. The colors are darker and more saturated that either of the 2 new light themes.

Pls remember that not everyone in your target audience is twenty-something years old with a 20/20 eyesight.

0 Likes

Interesting. I suppose I may have been focusing on saturation as a proxy for contrast, which perhaps doesn’t work as well for a light background. I’ll do a little digging to see if I can find an objective way to measure the contrast of the color palette.

Yes, this is why I said I am open to feedback. I am not in my twenties myself, but I am self-aware enough to know I have good eyesight, don’t suffer from any color impairments, and have high-quality displays. I did try testing Sixteen using outdoor light on a laptop in an attempt to ensure I wasn’t creating something that would suffer from poor visibility.

Based on your feedback, it seems there is room for improvement. I’ll do some testing and see how we can try to make things better.

0 Likes

Excellent. While I am happy with my restored color scheme, I appreciate this.

0 Likes

How about having sliders to increase/decrease contrast/saturation/brightness for simple post processing of color scheme without need to touch individual colors :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Firstly, a HUGE thanks for the Fedora repository for updating these versions. I understand how much of a pain it can be to setup build systems.

No noticed problems here so far on Fedora 25.

Also, not sure about the complaints for the colour schemes. Package Control allows people to choose different ones. Or, god forbid, make their own ones. The defaults will never satisfy everyone, that’s what the custom options are for.

0 Likes

I haven’t seen the crash I reported above with Build 3133 … that might indicate that the problem is resolved. Emphasis on “might”.

0 Likes

The paste and indent problem I reported above is resolved in build 3133.

0 Likes