Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3132

Dev Build 3132 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev. This release features:

Please let us know of any issues you run into, especially on the Linux repos.

19 Likes

Apple touchbar support

With regards to Touch Bar support on macOS, all you get out of the box is buttons for next/prev result (i.e., F4/Shift+F4 equivalents). You can enable the show_navigation_bar preference to turn on a list of recently visited files there, too. It’s off by default because it’s very much just an experiment at this stage: it needs some testing to see if it’s even useful.

2 Likes

Support for Touch Bar (MacBook Pro 2016)

On Debian Sid:

Added the repo, ran apt update and apt upgrade and Sublime was upgraded from build 3131 to build 3132 without an issue.

Cheers!

1 Like

the whitespace dots that show spaces are broken on normal DPI (only tested on Windows so far):

this example uses 4 space indentation:

new [] {
    new Point {
        X = 5,
        Y = 10
    },
    new Point {
        X = 7,
        Y = 9
    },
}

it seems to be quite bugged, but tab chars are still displayed correctly:

("draw_white_space": "all", is set in the User preferences, obviously, and the dots it draws darker or lighter seem unrelated to any tab size preferences ;))

EDIT: this is caused by having the following in the User preferences:

"font_options":
    [
        "directwrite"
    ],
3 Likes

Superb! Auto updating is a great new feature.
It worked great for me with the Linux Mint update manager, but I noticed that during the apt-get update it threw this warning:

W: Conflicting distribution: https://download.sublimetext.com apt/dev/ InRelease (expected apt/dev but got )

Dunno what to make of that.

0 Likes

I believe this is due to a combination of the fact that we are running a “flat” apt repo, but not at the root of the domain (hence the apt/dev/ part). I am going to do a little digging to see if I can get rid of that warning by changing something. It may just be that I need to set the dist name in the repo as apt/dev/.

0 Likes

A big THANK YOU! for the arch repository!

0 Likes

I’ve updated the apt-ftparchive config and regenerated the InRelease file. I don’t think you should get this warning any longer.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the update

Unfortunately, I received the message that an update is available, but just after I have another message ‘No update available’ :neutral_face:

Do I need to download and install it by myself or is there a tip to unblock this behavior ?

Thanks

0 Likes

Indeed, it’s fixed now.
Thank you for the great work!

0 Likes

Maybe just wait a while and try again - mine didn’t even realize there was an update for a while, then it errored trying to download metadata, until finally after like the 6th try 30 mins later, it downloaded the update

0 Likes

A caching issue perhaps. You’ll have to download and install the new build manually, unfortunately. Just install it over the top, there’s no need to uninstall the previous version, and no settings will be lost.

0 Likes

Done, thanks a lot for your help guys and your great work jps :slight_smile:

0 Likes

did you change something with how indentParens works?

0 Likes

I don’t believe so

0 Likes

thanks for confirming :slight_smile: I was having a weird issue where I was experiencing unexpected increased indentation after typing Enter and when reindenting, and setting indentParens to false prevented it - but after (changing it back to true and) restarting ST, it is working normally again…

(I wasn’t able to replicate it on the portable version, even after copying my data folder over, so not sure what happened)

0 Likes

• Add command equivalents for Find in Files panel

Can you show an example of this? How about binding F15 to search all open files/folders for the string TODO ?

0 Likes

Same issue exists in Mac OS as well.

0 Likes

Glad to see the software is still alive and kicking.

Mariana theme looks nice, going to give that a whirl today :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Re: Add command equivalents for Find in Files panel

There seems to be a problem with this. The Find and Replace buttons in the Find in Files panel now have key hints on mouse hover, respectively Alt+Enter and Ctrl+Alt+Enter, but these key bindings do not perform any noticeable actions, although both buttons still perform the appropriate action when clicked. Those key bindings are also not mapped in the default sublime-keymap files (using the find_in_files panel context), and a diff between the Default (Linux).sublime-keymap files of build 3131 and 3132 reported them to be identical (but no key hints on mouse hover in build 3131 !).

Adding the following bindings to my user sublime-keymap file led to the find_all and replace_all actions working in the active view only as if the Find or the Find/Replace panels had been invoked rather than the Find in Files panel.

{ "keys": ["alt+enter"], "command": "find_all", "args": {"close_panel": true},
    "context": [{"key": "panel", "operand": "find_in_files"}, {"key": "panel_has_focus"}]
},

{ "keys": ["ctrl+alt+enter"], "command": "replace_all", "args": {"close_panel": true},
     "context": [{"key": "panel", "operand": "find_in_files"}, {"key": "panel_has_focus"}]
},

Hope this helps.

1 Like