Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

I can reproduce this issue.

0 Likes

@wbond Is there documentation for customising the phantomCSS in a color scheme? I’m specifically looking for a way to tweak the color of the new pointer nubbin on the inline build errors.

0 Likes

0 Likes

There is not an enumeration of the different CSS classes that the Default package uses, no. You could use the PackageResourceViewer to check out exec.py to see the default HTML and CSS.

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps. I can’t for the life of me get the nubbin to change color though. It seems like div.error-arrow should be the correct selector, and changing border-left: 0.5rem solid color(var(--redish) blend(var(--background) 30%)); should result to something.

That said, I kinda get the feeling that setting popupCss and phantomCss in a color scheme is an uphill battle since you don’t have any idea what the actual html will be like. It’s kinda like theming for Atom, you just set the defaults and hope package devs don’t make a mess of it. In this case I think I’ll just let the default generated styles take care of themselves rather than waste time trying to tweak it to taste. It’s not like it’s ugly or anything, it’s simple and neat as it is.

0 Likes

Because of CSS specificity, you’ll need your phantomCss to utilize the selector body#inline-error div.error-arrow. Otherwise the <style> tag in the phantom’s HTML will override any definition for div.error-arrow you provide.

0 Likes

How to achieve default style for phantom_css if popup_css is defined in color scheme?

Alright, thanks!

Edit: doesn’t work either, or doesn’t update live, or something. But I’m going to let it rest, the defaults do a good enough job now that I’d rather not try to maintain the customisation anyway.

0 Likes

The sidebar still seems unable to remove the correct folder. See the gif below, if I right-click delete a folder, the correct folder is removed from the file system, but the sidebar updates incorrectly. Folding and unfolding restores it.

It almost seems like if I delete the third child folder, it starts counting from the project root and removes the third folder.

edit… the gif not animating for other people either?

0 Likes

This is being tracked at https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/1657

0 Likes

Another sidebar issue in 3129: Sometimes if I want to open a file from the sidebar, the wrong file is opened (the file above or below the selected item).

(Windows 7 64bit)

0 Likes

That’s basically the same problem:

so I believe the bugs lies in the offset calculation of the folder that was deleted, which then breaks the mapping of the sidebar tree UI and the filesystem model in memory.

0 Likes

for people wanting to control font_options in the sidebar, you may want to subscribe to and react to this issue:

2 Likes

is there any chance that, in a future build, the warnings in the console when there are invalid properties in the .sublime-theme file could show the line number (or, at least the class) where the invalid property is, please?

currently it just looks like the following, and tracking it down isn’t easy:

no such prop font.size

I’m sure the theme authors would appreciate this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The sidebar issues should be resolved in the next build.

Can you provide more info about the indexing issues? What syntax are you dealing with? Does the indexing work with build 3126?

If you open the Help > Indexing Status… window and then save one of the files in the folder, does the indexer queue it for indexing?

There were some changes to syntaxes in 3129, and some users have had issues because they had copied package data over from ST2, effectively overriding the configuration that comes with ST3. Perhaps you could check and see if the indexing works properly in a reverted state? (http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html). Just be sure to move your data folder rather than delete it.

0 Likes

When setting a font for the sidebar, repaint issues appear. The following screenshot shows a fresh installation with only the font.face changed for the sidebar. Repaint issues in the scrollbars:

In my more customized scheme I have the scrollbars turned off, and here repaint issues in the status bar appear:

Without the “font.face” customization, it looks fine.

0 Likes

Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in the next build.

3 Likes

Yay, finally a new build. Waiting is over. :slightly_smiling: (I replaced the Default theme by the Adaptive theme though, which greatly fits the Zenburnesque theme as of now.)

Thank you, devs!

0 Likes

I agree, it looks bad/is hard on the eyes. Is there a workaround for this?

0 Likes

Probably the simplest is to lighten the text color a little.

0 Likes

unpinned #195
0 Likes