Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3119

@OdatNurd Thanks, one of the suggestions over there got me up and running again.

1 Like

I am surprised that the typos, e,g, set_async_timeout are still not fixed.

3 Likes

After upgrade, the following command in Console causes a crash in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
It worked previous versions.
view.show_popup('test', location=1)

I am using “Material-Theme-Darker.sublime-theme” theme.

0 Likes

Does it crash with the default theme?

0 Likes

I suggest adding the new APIs to the docs for plug-in developers. I strongly believe plug-ins should follow the way the core Sublime Text behaves, and this would make it easier for us to for example show plug-in settings side-by-side as the new builds. The alternative would be that we poke around in sublime.py, sublime_plugin.py and the Default package every other build.

Maybe it would be possible to ship the docs with Sublime Text for offline use (via minihtml and Help menu), host them on Github to let us add PRs to it and format them for Dash / Zeal as suggested by @alkuzad and @FichteFoll in the Dev Build 3118 thread. A simpler solution would be a single markdown file which can be exported via pandoc to PDF via wkhtmltopdf. I’ve had good experiences with this setup, PDF is fine for most people as you can cross reference and link to external sources.

Whatever works best for you. Thanks again for the latest builds, keep up the great work. No issues so far on Win 10 Pro x64 Version 1511 with ST3 Build 3119 x64 portable.

2 Likes

It crashed with the default theme.

So I removed all files/folders in ~/.config/sublime-text-3 folder and installed packages/setting configurations from scratch. Then, it works.

I guess the crash was because install package(.deb) was something wrong or because I am using symbolic links in some folders (such as ~/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages ) which caused sublime confusing?

0 Likes

I agree, if you find any that have been missed, let me know and I can get them added. @jcberquist mentioned ViewEventListener, so I will get that added.

I also tend to think that leads to a nice user experience. In terms of showing settings side-by-side, that is accomplished by calling the edit_settings command with the base_file argument. However, plugins will need to handle the situation where that command does not exist (builds before 3116).

My hope is to continue to improve our documentation, although I don’t know right now exactly what the end result will be. It certainly is a useful experience for package developers to poke around in the Default package since it contains examples of so much. The sublime.py and sublime_plugin.py files shouldn’t be as essential due to the API docs.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out!

0 Likes

As @mlf said previously, the at-a-glance comprehensibility of what these new inline bubbles are would be improved if they had a little fleck pointing in the direction of the build error they’re talking about.

A plain rectangle appearing in the view does not particularly imply up, down, left, or right to the user. The way it currently looks (even though the position is significant to those in the know) is like a low-spatial-granularity rubber stamp!

0 Likes

Still today, I get "A New version of Sublime Text is available, download now? " at launch
but then it shows “No update available”.

Just filed this issue:

0 Likes

3 Likes

Should color schemes and syntax definitions avoid constant.character? It is not present in the current list (though constant.character.escape is), but it is kinda stupid not to style char constants.

0 Likes

For those experiencing crashes on Mac, I found that if I removed this line from my Session.sublime_session that sublime would start up just fine:

“last_version”: 3118,

In my case, it was found near the top of the file.

0 Likes

I’ve found the command already, thanks. I’m more worried about the conditional check against 3116+ for the menu. I’ve so far only come up with nasty workarounds in my head.

0 Likes

I solved this by clearing history in IE: (see here for more details).
pressed Tools | Internet Options (General tab) | Delete,
in order to delete temporary files(using the default settings).
After that, the update completed successfully.

0 Likes

Could you give an example of how it is commonly used? I may have just missed it in my digging and rewriting. All of that documentation is more or less a brain dump of having rewritten a whole bunch of the syntaxes and having looked at some of the statistics dumps done in A convention for scope naming.

0 Likes

Is there a way I can reproduce this output? Also, what platform are you on? Are you using HiDPI/Retina?

0 Likes

There seems to be a number of factors. It can occur in popups and in phantoms. See issue here:

In the case of the issue above, I couldn’t reproduce it, maybe it was a combination of font size, line height, and/or image size.

In the picture I posted earlier, this occurred in a popup, I increased the image size and I saw some image distortion, and when I increased the size a little more, I saw the second image in the popup get cropped. This was not an issue in

I replicated the popup issue on my Mac low dpi. The phantom issue covered in the github issue was on a Windows machine, but I do not know the resolution of his screen.

Lastly, I have noticed yet another issue in 3119. I have a couple of color schemes that define popupCss, but in 3119, it appears it doesn’t always recognize them. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t, but it leans heavily towards not recognizing them. If I remove the popupCss, then of course it uses the internal generated style. It seems to only really want to use the generated one, and if you define your own, it gives you a white popup with black text. It is fine if I feed my own CSS in through show_popup or add_phantom.

0 Likes

If you could link to one’s you’ve seen it on, that would be helpful in me trying to debug. We generate some CSS that is always prepended to the stylesheet, for setting things like the background-color, font and font-size. With 3119 we now also prepend color variables to popupCss and phantomCss. There may be a bug somewhere in there.

0 Likes

@wbond Here’s one: https://github.com/facelessuser/Aprosopo/blob/master/Tomorrow-Night-Eighties-Stormy.tmTheme.

0 Likes