Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3119

When I launched ST 3 build 3118 x64 in win10x64 today
I got "A New version of Sublime Text is available, download now? " in order to update to build 3119.
But, unfortunately, clicking “Download” shows “No update available”.
After that, clicking Help|‘Check for updates’ I get “No update available”.

The above (the prompt to update) reappears every time I launch ST3, but then there’s always “No update available”.

0 Likes

I’m getting really bad performance and freezing on OS X since updating to 3119. I can’t narrow it down beyond plugin_host. I’ve removed Installed Packages and Packages but the problem persists. Let me know if there is anything specific I can try.

0 Likes

I confirm, crashes immediately on launch on OS X 10.10.5

0 Likes

Thanks for the scope naming writeup.

I’d like to use this opportunity to (again) point to my question regarding “keys” in structured markup languages like JSON and YAML or in programming languages that have mapping type literals like JavaScript or Python.

1 Like

No crashes on 10.9.5 or 10.11.6, but I had an odd case in which I saved a file and Sublime Text freezed. However, once I clicked on a file in the sidebar, the spinning mouse cursor disappeared and the editor continued to work. This occured several times until I started writing this report – a case of Murphy’s Law, I guess :wink:

0 Likes

Yeah, I have a VM for every version of OS X except 10.10. Working on making that now.

1 Like

There’s a massive refactoring on documentation ( https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/ ).

You can see the full diff here:

And a plain text diff here:

P.S. I’m not involved in any of the work.

2 Likes

Yes, we did a big cleanup, modernized the style sheet and added the minihtml and scope names docs. There were some additions to the API docs also, and small improvements to other pages.

Due to all of this work, future diffs should be more readable.

5 Likes

@wbond: The updated docs look great. They are much more readable. One question: is there a reason the new sublime_plugin.ViewEventListener class is not listed in the API docs yet?

0 Likes

There appears to be a bug in minihtml image rendering in 3119. Occasionally, it seems to distort and offset images funny. You can see in the example below the black box had it’s border shaved off the top.

0 Likes

Confirming it crashes immediately on launch after updating to 3119. OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F1909).

UPDATE: Tried rolling back to 3118 and 3114, and both still crash immediately on launch. The 3119 update seems to have broken something in a way that also breaks older builds.

Not sure how I can try to recover from this and get back to work?

0 Likes

You may be able to follow the instructions in this forum post to get things up and running again.

0 Likes

@OdatNurd Thanks, one of the suggestions over there got me up and running again.

1 Like

I am surprised that the typos, e,g, set_async_timeout are still not fixed.

3 Likes

After upgrade, the following command in Console causes a crash in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
It worked previous versions.
view.show_popup('test', location=1)

I am using “Material-Theme-Darker.sublime-theme” theme.

0 Likes

Does it crash with the default theme?

0 Likes

I suggest adding the new APIs to the docs for plug-in developers. I strongly believe plug-ins should follow the way the core Sublime Text behaves, and this would make it easier for us to for example show plug-in settings side-by-side as the new builds. The alternative would be that we poke around in sublime.py, sublime_plugin.py and the Default package every other build.

Maybe it would be possible to ship the docs with Sublime Text for offline use (via minihtml and Help menu), host them on Github to let us add PRs to it and format them for Dash / Zeal as suggested by @alkuzad and @FichteFoll in the Dev Build 3118 thread. A simpler solution would be a single markdown file which can be exported via pandoc to PDF via wkhtmltopdf. I’ve had good experiences with this setup, PDF is fine for most people as you can cross reference and link to external sources.

Whatever works best for you. Thanks again for the latest builds, keep up the great work. No issues so far on Win 10 Pro x64 Version 1511 with ST3 Build 3119 x64 portable.

2 Likes

It crashed with the default theme.

So I removed all files/folders in ~/.config/sublime-text-3 folder and installed packages/setting configurations from scratch. Then, it works.

I guess the crash was because install package(.deb) was something wrong or because I am using symbolic links in some folders (such as ~/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages ) which caused sublime confusing?

0 Likes

I agree, if you find any that have been missed, let me know and I can get them added. @jcberquist mentioned ViewEventListener, so I will get that added.

I also tend to think that leads to a nice user experience. In terms of showing settings side-by-side, that is accomplished by calling the edit_settings command with the base_file argument. However, plugins will need to handle the situation where that command does not exist (builds before 3116).

My hope is to continue to improve our documentation, although I don’t know right now exactly what the end result will be. It certainly is a useful experience for package developers to poke around in the Default package since it contains examples of so much. The sublime.py and sublime_plugin.py files shouldn’t be as essential due to the API docs.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out!

0 Likes