Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3119

Dev Build 3119 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev

There’s also now documentation for minihtml, at https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/minihtml.html

9 Likes

Build 3119 crashes or freezes right after start on OS X 10.10.5.

0 Likes

Build 3119 crash or freeze on OS X 10.10

Build 3119 on OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan) is fine

0 Likes

Syntax and color scheme authors will probably also be interested in the new Scope Naming documentation.

8 Likes

When I launched ST 3 build 3118 x64 in win10x64 today
I got "A New version of Sublime Text is available, download now? " in order to update to build 3119.
But, unfortunately, clicking “Download” shows “No update available”.
After that, clicking Help|‘Check for updates’ I get “No update available”.

The above (the prompt to update) reappears every time I launch ST3, but then there’s always “No update available”.

0 Likes

I’m getting really bad performance and freezing on OS X since updating to 3119. I can’t narrow it down beyond plugin_host. I’ve removed Installed Packages and Packages but the problem persists. Let me know if there is anything specific I can try.

0 Likes

I confirm, crashes immediately on launch on OS X 10.10.5

0 Likes

Thanks for the scope naming writeup.

I’d like to use this opportunity to (again) point to my question regarding “keys” in structured markup languages like JSON and YAML or in programming languages that have mapping type literals like JavaScript or Python.

1 Like

No crashes on 10.9.5 or 10.11.6, but I had an odd case in which I saved a file and Sublime Text freezed. However, once I clicked on a file in the sidebar, the spinning mouse cursor disappeared and the editor continued to work. This occured several times until I started writing this report – a case of Murphy’s Law, I guess :wink:

0 Likes

Yeah, I have a VM for every version of OS X except 10.10. Working on making that now.

1 Like

There’s a massive refactoring on documentation ( https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/ ).

You can see the full diff here:

And a plain text diff here:

P.S. I’m not involved in any of the work.

2 Likes

Yes, we did a big cleanup, modernized the style sheet and added the minihtml and scope names docs. There were some additions to the API docs also, and small improvements to other pages.

Due to all of this work, future diffs should be more readable.

5 Likes

@wbond: The updated docs look great. They are much more readable. One question: is there a reason the new sublime_plugin.ViewEventListener class is not listed in the API docs yet?

0 Likes

There appears to be a bug in minihtml image rendering in 3119. Occasionally, it seems to distort and offset images funny. You can see in the example below the black box had it’s border shaved off the top.

0 Likes

Confirming it crashes immediately on launch after updating to 3119. OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F1909).

UPDATE: Tried rolling back to 3118 and 3114, and both still crash immediately on launch. The 3119 update seems to have broken something in a way that also breaks older builds.

Not sure how I can try to recover from this and get back to work?

0 Likes

You may be able to follow the instructions in this forum post to get things up and running again.

0 Likes

@OdatNurd Thanks, one of the suggestions over there got me up and running again.

1 Like

I am surprised that the typos, e,g, set_async_timeout are still not fixed.

3 Likes

After upgrade, the following command in Console causes a crash in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
It worked previous versions.
view.show_popup('test', location=1)

I am using “Material-Theme-Darker.sublime-theme” theme.

0 Likes

Does it crash with the default theme?

0 Likes