Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3112

Dev Build 3112 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev. Changes are primarily related to syntax highlighting.

The plan is to promote this into a non-dev build next week, so please let us know if 3112 has introduced any regressions over 3111 for you.

8 Likes

Good Work, Thanks a lot!
BTW, my only wish for Sublime is to display git file status in sidebar, like Atom, which need a improved sidebar API.
I have been waiting for years!

1 Like

On Build 3112 I lost normal syntax highlighting. OS Ubuntu 15.10 x64

0 Likes

Can you provide more details? What syntax are you using, and can you provide an example file where it fails?

The best place to provide details is at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/issues.

0 Likes

Same issue with repaint (when opening files from command line + there is a project) still present in 3112.

Never saw it with any other build up to and including 3109.

What can I do to help diagnose (I’ve already posted stack traces)?

0 Likes

in addition to this - icons in the tab bar would also be helpful.

0 Likes

I think the syntax highlight for PHP is broken (at least on Win10):

Default ST, no packages installed:

With a bunch of customization on the Monokai:

0 Likes

Please open an issue at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages and be sure to include the source code that exhibits the problem.

1 Like

Were there any changes to how Goto Definition works in this update? I seem to be not able to use this feature on strings that match PHP class names anymore. This problem occurs on both Mac and Windows.

1 Like

Yes, the PHP syntax had quite a bit of work done to it, which could affect Goto Symbol.

Please post an issue at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/issues with code that exhibits the problem.

0 Likes

I don’t know what you want but I have a status indicating the branch in the bottom corner. The * indicates that I’m in a dirty state. It comes with the Git savvy package

0 Likes

I am seeing some cosmetic repainting issues MacOS El Capitan, though I have not figured out how to reproduce them. Sometimes when I scroll I see incorrect text for a second or two. The problem was worse in a previous dev build, where the incorrect text might not go away, but I never saw anything like it until recent dev builds. It’s not a show stopper, but is disconcerting. Aside from that one problem, it’s working fine for me.

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this extension looks great, but what I want is this.
More specifically, I wanna files that are created but not added and files that changed are shown in different colours or in different icons or whatever I can recognize them at first sight in the sidebar.
So a sidebar API which can display files with different colour / icon is needed for this.

2 Likes

I can’t replicate the issue under Linux.

When it’s not repainting, is there anything you can do to force a repaint? Does scrolling the view or resizing the window make it paint?

0 Likes

I am able to replicate with 3111 or 3112, now it takes several attempts (maybe 1 out of three, but there were system level updates in the meantime).

Before 3111, it never happened at all.

Requirements (as far as I can tell):

1. an open project (which Sublime will reopen when started)
  2. starting from the command line with > 1 file
  3. most likely: “theme”: “Moka Dark.sublime-theme”
  4. maybe: Sublime window has to be maximized (so it starts up like that).

Yes, un-maximizing the window does get it un-stuck.

I am unable to make it happen without “Moka Dark.sublime-theme”, but then I’ve used this theme for a very long time, no issues before 3111 or if I downgrade (and then a theme should not make the editor get stuck, right?)

I now did a “ps -ef” which showed several “sublime_text -crawl” processes, then waited a bit, Sublime still stuck, and did “ps -ef” again.

This time there were no “crawl” processes, just two, I’ve posted their stack traces here:

0 Likes

Just thought I’d link to the GitHub repo where this theme is defined, in case that helps debug it: https://github.com/aldomann/sublime-moka

side note: looks like this theme is no longer supported, probably something changed in theming since the 2 years it was last updated

0 Likes

“Theme - Moka” is not a requirement after all. Just happened without it (default theme).

This makes it easier to reproduce:

In addition to having a “memorized” project, you should leave two “memorized” files open (before exiting and starting again with two more files).

( memorized - left open before exiting, so they’re restored )

The first of those two files should be left “active” (current tab).

This will make Sublime, when you next run it from the command line with your two new files, insert those two new files between the two memorized files (tabs).

first tab active, new file tabs inserted between existing ones -> happens every time to 1/2

second tab active, new file tabs added at the end -> maybe 1/4 - 1/12

0 Likes

With the “two files left open, first one active” I am able to easily reproduce on Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit, XFCE) using 3112.

This Ubuntu is completely separate from my usual Fedora 23, no shared partitions / files.

Also please see my message above, I made a mistake with the structure of my replies:

“Theme - Moka” is not a requirement after all. Just happened without it (default theme).

0 Likes

Ubuntu 16.04 screenshots, this is completely separate from my usual Fedora 23, no shared files / partitions.

Default UI theme (only a color scheme).

Different project, different files.

0 Likes

sheet_container_control styling isn’t working anymore:

{
    "class": "sheet_container_control",
    "layer0.tint": [247, 247, 247]
  },

1 Like

Bug : Black column and artifacts