Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3093

I was thinking to an alternative to Package Control: if git is detected in system path (or is specified in settings), ST should disable built in packages and clone git repo(s). Additionally, a menu entry with „update default packages” that would run on every update (or every other day or whatever) will fix the outdated packages problem.

0 Likes

One could easily write a plugin that updates from the current repo, assuming PC is installed and provided a working _ssl binary module for linux machines. All packages being in one repository actually simplifies that a lot. Current builds are frequent enough however and I have different priorities atm.

Note that this package should aim to comply with ST’s package structure, preferrably replacing the default packages in “Sublime Text/Packages”, where the binaries are, or at least place them in Installed Packages so that Users can still override them. Only disadvantage is that Installed Packages would get really messy this way.

0 Likes

Thank you John for fixing the infinite loop occurring when loading some syntax files.

0 Likes

Would there be an issue with including Package Control and just using that to update the default packages? To my knowledge the average user’s first task after installing Sublime is installing Package Control.

0 Likes