Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3067

@frontend_dev: FWIW, there is a “File → Save all” comand so you don’t have to save them all manually, but I agree that opening 20+ files is rather annoying at times.

0 Likes

Yes, it’s sometimes annoying, but it’s consistent: you edited the file, so it’s open in the editor.

One deeper trick that I use sometimes is a regex search on the command line to get a file list for a new Sublime window:

[project]>subl -n $(grep -l foo *.cpp)

The grep command there searches all files whose names end with “.cpp” and returns a list (-l) of the ones that contain “foo”. That $(…) syntax tells the Bash shell to run the grep command and replace the $(…) with the result of the command. So the effect is getting a new window (-n) of sublime, with all the files that matched the regular expression. Then Sublime’s regex search and replace can rewrite all those files, and File/Save All, followed by closing the window, leaves everything else as it was.

0 Likes

The feature I would most like to see added (even though will not help most existing users) is to include Package Manager with the application. That lowers the hurdle for new users and new installations. Another is some way to turn off the file/folder icons in the sidebar, to restore a bit of space.

The bug I’d most like to see fixed is the one that causes the application to not find the selection text in the current selection, even though the text is found if the “in current” icon is turned off. It’s quite frequent and rather maddening. Sometimes I just copy the text to a new window, replace there, and restore it to avoid the bug. Another is the one that causes the sidebar to be empty instead of showing the files it should show. There has been a host of “me too” postings on it, but no sign of a fix.

0 Likes

I would like to second platform specific settings that override the default user settings. This really only effects the font and font size for me personally, but its still somewhat to deal with

0 Likes

Anyone run into problems with themes still displaying icons in the sidebar when they shouldn’t?

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 3067 is out now, with a few bits of polish.

Development work on Sublime Text was very quiet in 2014. I don’t intend for that to be the case in 2015.[/quote]

So what’s going on now? Total blackout on communication, you haven’t visited this forum in months, no dev-builds in months, no blog posts since forver.

Any hints would be appreciated, as I’m debating whether or not to continue maintaining my plugins or just take the plunge now and move to atom (I would not move if ST got a sensible sidebar API so I can color individual items, AND I knew it was maintained steadily)

0 Likes

Come to Emacs instead. We have cookies.

0 Likes

[quote]So what’s going on now? Total blackout on communication, you haven’t visited this forum in months, no dev-builds in months, no blog posts since forver.

Any hints would be appreciated, as I’m debating whether or not to continue maintaining my plugins or just take the plunge now and move to atom (I would not move if ST got a sensible sidebar API so I can color individual items, AND I knew it was maintained steadily)[/quote]

100% agree. Please give us a sign. No communication will kill you. Free alternatives are coming up everyday from strong teams.

0 Likes

Right.

Could you please elaborate on what’s going on? I’m in the habit of starting Sublime 3 every week in hopes of updates and bugfixes (https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues), but no…

0 Likes

[quote=“kaiser101”]

Right.

Could you please elaborate on what’s going on? I’m in the habit of starting Sublime 3 every week in hopes of updates and bugfixes (https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues), but no…

Be warned :astonished:
:arrow_right: Questions about status updates, bugs are taboo. Also you are not allowed to say bad things about sublime and/or good things about other editors.

In such cases our esteemed moderator exercises his right to delete the post and may also ban you.[/quote]

I’ve not banned anyone for asking questions about development, I simply lock topics which go off topic.

0 Likes

I went through the forum a couple of months back for fun, and it really seems like you picked exactly the wrong strategy, since every time you lock a topic, a similar one pops up a few hours or days later. Just let the threads grow even if you disagree with them… it’s less noise for the rest of us.

0 Likes

[quote=“akkim”]

I went through the forum a couple of months back for fun, and it really seems like you picked exactly the wrong strategy, since every time you lock a topic, a similar one pops up a few hours or days later. Just let the threads grow even if you disagree with them… it’s less noise for the rest of us.[/quote]

Except for the reports we get from people who personally attack others, send them PM’s threatening them etc.

0 Likes

That’s a matter of banning people and removing posts, not closing threads IMO.

0 Likes