Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3054

Not responding to paying customers in reasonable time is also considered rude by some…

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

Can you explain this a little more? Where is „where” field? Are you suggesting having something like this (in settings file) ?

"folder_exclude_patterns": "-.git/" ]

Thanks.[/quote]

No, he meant to enter this in the “find in files” dialog which has 3 fields of which the second says “where”.

Usually the thing you proposed is the better way to handle this (only “.git” in that case though), but since tito still wants his “.git” folder in the sidebar, this is the way to go.

0 Likes

Is not reasonable to ask me to write in the Find and Replace dialogue “-git, -.jquery, .d3.js, -some folder with binary content, -ahh here too” every time I use it…

0 Likes

So don’t delete the contents of the field every time you use it then, its content is persistent.

0 Likes

So instead of

• copying from somewhere “-git, -jquery” and pasting it in the “where” field,
    your solution is
  • copying from somewhere “/search in this folder” and pasting it in the “where” field, taking care of not deleting the “-git, -jquery”
    Is not the same thing, reversed? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I already know what “where” does and mean, I’m asking for a preference to control that, to the developer of the software; I’m very happy quarnster the workaround works for you, it does not work for me. It trash my precious clipboard and adds a lot of inconvenience, ok!? : )

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]your solution is

• copying from somewhere “/search in this folder” and pasting it in the “where” field, taking care of not deleting the “-git, -jquery”[/quote]

Eh, no. I don’t think I’ve ever pasted into the “where” field and don’t see myself doing it in the future either. I’ll be quiet now as I have absolutely no clue why you’d need it (which btw is not me saying that you don’t need it, just that our uses of the find in files feature appear to be different).

0 Likes

In a project there may be a lot of folders: /documents, /features, /lib, /html, /locale /etc … searching for a generic term such “item.something”, “http”, “domain.tld” restricted to a single folder will give only relevant results. Just that, is not the end of the world.

0 Likes

I deal with large projects, and I like to search sub folders depending on what I am looking for. This also cuts down on search time as well. It would be nice to have a separate box you could set your file filters in that would not be overwritten every time you Search in a different specific folder. I also understand the desire to have certain files that you would never want to search described in your project settings file.

I think just splitting the where filters out of the where box into their own box would greatly alleviate these kinds of issues, then when I right click a folder and say search here, I won’t have my filters wiped out. I kind of get the feeling that the filters were an after thought in the current implementation.

I get where tito is coming from on this one. It depends on what kind of things you are working on, and it depends on your workflow.

0 Likes

Darn, there’s still an issue with hiding the menu in linux. (At least on my setup.) The menu reverts when settings are changed.

I can replicate this reliably on a reverted ST3 3054 by:

• loading ST
  • View > Hide Menu
  • using Ctrl++ to change the size of the font

At this point the menu will overlap the tabs, although the state of the menu is still hidden. By which I mean that the View menu reads “Show Menu”. I need to run the “Toggle Menu” command twice: one to show the menu properly (without overlapping the tabs) and once to hide the tabs again.

It probably doesn’t matter, but I’m running Ubuntu 12.04 and using Openbox as my WM.

Can anyone else verify?

Alex

0 Likes

The block caret causes a weird flicker, even if not activated (i.e. when line highlighting is enabled) when trying to move further up from the first line. I’m using Vintageous.

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]Darn, there’s still an issue with hiding the menu in linux. (At least on my setup.) The menu reverts when settings are changed.

I can replicate this reliably on a reverted ST3 3054 by:

• loading ST
  • View > Hide Menu
  • using Ctrl++ to change the size of the font

At this point the menu will overlap the tabs, although the state of the menu is still hidden. By which I mean that the View menu reads “Show Menu”. I need to run the “Toggle Menu” command twice: one to show the menu properly (without overlapping the tabs) and once to hide the tabs again.

It probably doesn’t matter, but I’m running Ubuntu 12.04 and using Openbox as my WM.

Can anyone else verify?

Alex[/quote]

I’m also using ST3 on Archlinux with Gnome3. I can confirm that I have exactly the same problem.

0 Likes